Consumers who wish to support breast cancer research, education and awareness will have a range of items to choose from this October as companies like Paper Mate, Brita and luxury apparel line Lyric Culture brand their items with a pink ribbon. Money from the sale of these items will support City of Hope.
“It’s exciting to see these brands come together to support research that is helping save lives,” said Steve Martin, associate vice president for marketing, City of Hope. “The support of our corporate partners and their customers help our researchers quickly and effectively turn scientific concepts into cures.”
|Lyric Culture joins the fight against breast cancer with special pink tops.|
The American Cancer Society estimates 182,460 new cases of invasive breast cancer will occur among women in the United States during 2008; they estimate 1,990 new cases in men.
Items available in stores this fall will help consumers get organized, look great and celebrate. These items are expected to raise more than $500,000 for breast cancer programs at City of Hope:
- Office products company Newell Rubbermaid’s “Pink @ Work” product line, including Paper Mate’s FlexGrip pen and eraser pack, Expo Dry Erase marker pack, Parker Jotter pink pen, Rolodex pink products, Sharpie pink permanent markers, Liquid Paper DryLine correction tape, and the Uni-Ball pink pen;
- Avery pink and white binders with breast cancer awareness messaging;
- MVW’s Mead, At-A-Glance, Cambridge, Day Runner calendars and journals;
- Innovera’s white and pink Swarovski crystal-encrusted computer mouse;
- Samsill binders with pink ribbon décor and breast cancer awareness messaging;
- OfficeMax’s in-store display featuring specially marked leading office products;
- Designer apparel line Lyric Culture’s “I Will Survive” pink T-shirt and tank top;
- Sutter Home’s White Zinfandel “Capsules for Hope” program and professional cyclist Tina Pic promotional fundraising component;
- Brita’s special pink ribbon-themed water pitcher;
- Living Spaces Furniture “Sleep for the Cure” mattress set promotion.
For more information about these promotional initiatives, please visit www.cityofhope.org/crm.