National Hospital Week is May 10 through 16, and City of Hope is marking the annual event with several celebratory activities. Employees are invited to bring out their festive shirts and their sporty sneakers.
“We are proud to hold this annual celebration,” said Bob Cuthbertson, chair of the hospitality committee, which planned these events. “It recognizes all employees for their contributions to making City of Hope a great place both to work and to receive care.”
Introduced in 1921 to generate public awareness about hospitals and the health-care system, the week has evolved to highlight hospital staff and their roles in maintaining organizational standards and achieving new accolades.
The schedule of events for this year’s Hospital Week is as follows:
- Beachside Boardwalk Barbecue: On Tues., May 12, cafeteria visitors can enjoy a Pacific Rim-inspired lunch, play carnival games and win prizes.
- Fitness Bike and Walk: On Wed., May 13, staff who bicycle to work or do the lunchtime one-mile walk will get a coupon good for a free supersaver meal at the cafeteria.
- Spring Benefits Fair: Cooper Auditorium will come alive on Wed., May 13, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. with employee benefits vendors and raffle prize drawings.
- Salsa Contest: Staff can show off their culinary skills and submit their homemade dips in this spicy competition on Thurs., May 14; winners will receive a restaurant gift certificate of their choice.
- Ice Cream Social: On Thurs., May 14, faculty and staff can meet their administrators and enjoy a cold, creamy treat in the cafeteria.
- Sweet Ride Car Show: Hot and loud wheels will be on display at the human resources parking lot on Thurs., May 14.
For further information on Hospital Week activities, go to the intranet calendar site at www.coh.org/master-calendar.