City of Hope Medical Group recently announced the membership of its board of directors. The directors and officers will hold office for two-year terms.
|Julio Garcia-Aguilar (Photo by Walter Urie)|
City of Hope’s departmental chairs constitute much of the board. Interim department chairs will serve throughout the two-year period or until the appointment of a permanent department chair, who will then serve as a successor.
City of Hope’s chief medical officer will serve on the board for one year.
William Boswell, M.D., chair of the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Julio Garcia-Aguilar, M.D., Ph.D., chair of the Department of Surgery, and Jeffrey Wong, M.D., chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology, will serve as the medical group board’s secretary, president and treasurer, respectively.
The following physicians make up the balance of the new medical group’s inaugural board of directors:
- Peiguo Chu, M.D., Ph.D., interim chair of the Department of Pathology
- Stephen Forman, M.D., chair of the Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Fouad Kandeel, M.D., Ph.D., chair of the Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Joseph Kim, M.D., associate professor in the Department of Surgery and California Cancer Specialists Medical Group (CCSMG) junior faculty representative
- Alexandra Levine, M.D., M.A.C.P., chief medical officer
- Michael Lew, M.D., chair of the Department of Anesthesiology
- Joseph Rosenthal, M.D., chair of the Department of Pediatrics
- Gagandeep Singh, M.D., chief of the Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Oncology Specialists of City of Hope representative
- Jay Thomas, M.D., Ph.D, chair of the Department of Supportive Care Medicine
- Vijay Trisal, M.D., clinical assistant professor in the Department of Surgery and CCSMG community practice representative
- Kalyanasundaram Venkataraman, M.D., chair of the Department of Medical Specialists
- Yun Yen, M.D., Ph.D., interim chair of the Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
In the announcement, issued July 5 to City of Hope physicians, Garcia-Aguilar, Boswell and Wong told City of Hope physicians that the board aims to work with the physicians “to improve the future for our patients, faculty, staff and community.”