Runners take to the Honda LA Marathon course. (Courtesy of ThinkCure)
Pick up a City of Hope running cap — and potentially a Los Angeles Dodgers jersey, premium tickets to a Dodgers game and other prizes — just for joining City of Hope’s team and raising funds through the upcoming LA Big 5K and Honda LA Marathon.
City of Hope’s team will support ThinkCure, the official charity of the Los Angeles Dodgers, which backs collaborative cancer studies at City of Hope and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. ThinkCure is one of the primary charities for the Honda LA Marathon.
The 5K (3.1 miles) will take place March 17 and the marathon (26.2 miles) is slated for March 18. Both events start at Dodger Stadium.
Signing up is easy.
- First, sign up for the City of Hope team
Visit the City of Hope team's Crowdrise page and click the dark “JOIN THE TEAM” button on the right side of the page. Either use your existing Crowdrise account (if you have one) or create a new one for yourself.
Note that clicking the “DONATE” button will not create an account or add you to the team.
Make sure to create a fundraising page for yourself, and then share it with your friends so they can donate on your behalf. To donate to your own fundraising effort, click the “Donate to my own project” link in the middle of your fundraising page.
- Then sign up for the 5K or marathon
Go to the LA Marathon website to register. Note that joining the City of Hope Crowdrise team alone does not sign participants up for the race; they also must sign up on the LA Marathon’s website to walk or run.
Here’s how to win prizes:
Create a page on Crowdrise for yourself and your race. Send the link to your friends and family and ask them to support your fundraising. You will be eligible for prizes at these levels:
- Raise $250 and get a ThinkCure Dodgers jersey
- Raise $500 and get your race registration reimbursed (plus the above)
- Raise $750 and get a set of four MVP field level tickets to a regular season Dodgers home game with parking and four ThinkCure T-shirts to wear to the game (plus all of the above)
- Raise $1,000 and get an invitation to an exclusive breakfast on race morning in the Dugout Club and meet surprise VIPs (plus all of the above)
- Raise $2,000 win an opportunity to participate in Kids Take the Field, which includes four tickets to a Dodgers game and parking and ThinkCure jerseys to wear to the game (plus all of the above)
- Raise $3,000 and receive an autographed gift package (plus all of the above)
Prizes and benefits will be updated on your Crowdrise team page as they are added. Questions? Contact email@example.com.