Blue Cross POS Plan or Kaiser HMO. COHMG shall subsidize 95% of the premium for Trainee. Cost of premium for dependent coverage will be shared by Trainee and COHMG; Trainee portion based on plan and dependent type.
Choice of Guardian Dental PPO or HMO. COHMG shall subsidize 100% of the premium for Trainee. Cost of premium for dependent coverage will be shared by Trainee and COHMG; Trainee portion based on plan and dependent type.
Benefits for vision care examinations and materials available. Trainee shall pay 100% of the premium on a pre-tax basis if he or she elects this coverage.
Short Term Disability
Provides 60% of salary for illness up to 90 days of absence starting on the 8th day of illness. COHMG shall pay 100% of the premium for Trainee. Maximum weekly benefit is $2,400.
Long Term Disability
Provides 60% of salary for illness after 90 days of absence. Trainee shall pay 100% of the premium on an after-tax basis if he or she elects this benefit. Maximum monthly benefit is $10,000. This benefit is voluntary.
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
$350,000 of group term life insurance provided by COHMG. COHMG shall pay 100% of the premium for Trainee. The cost of coverage in excess of $50,000 will be imputed as taxable income to Trainee consistent with Internal Revenue Service rules.
Flexible Spending Accounts
COHMG shall make available Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care with annual limits of the lesser of (i) $5,000, or (ii) limits permitted by applicable law which may include a limitation that results from the operation of applicable nondiscrimination rules.
Supplemental Term Life Insurance
Additional term life insurance may be purchased by Trainee and dependents. Trainee shall pay 100% of the premium on an after-tax basis if he or she elects this benefit.
Employee Assistance Program
Five (5) covered visits per year. COHMG shall pay 100% of the premium for Trainee.
COHMG shall make available, from time to time, voluntary plans. Trainee shall pay 100% of the premium on an after-tax basis if any such plans are elected.
Paid Time Off
1. Vacation. Up to twenty (20) days annually, accrued at the rate of 1.667 days per month from the date of hire by COHMG. Maximum accrual is thirty-nine (39) days.
2. Sick Leave. Sick leave accrues at an annual rate of eighteen (18) days (1.5 days per month) from the date of hire by COHMG. Maximum accrual is sixty (60) days. If Trainee has accrued eighteen (18) days of sick leave in a year, up to nine (9) days of such accrued sick leave may be utilized for family care days. Family care refers to the need of an employee to be absent from work in order to attend to the illness of the employee’s child, parent, spouse, domestic partner or as otherwise provided by law.
3. Jury Duty. Up to five (5) days annually.
4. Personal Days. Up to three (3) days annually.
5. Legal Holidays. Six (6) days annually (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
6. Military Leave. Up to ten (10) days annually (during which period COHMG will pay the difference between Trainee’s Stipend and the amount of pay Trainee receives from the federal government).
7. Bereavement Leave. Up to five (5) days upon the death of a member of a Trainee’s immediate family. “Immediate family” is a parent, spouse, child, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister or any other relative having a long-term, close family association with Trainee.
Additional training after a leave of absence may be needed for successful completion of Program Requirements and/or for Board certification; the amount of sick leave, leave of absence, or disability time that will necessitate prolongation of the training time for Trainee shall be determined by the Program Director, ACGME specialty or sub-specialty requirements, and/or the certifying Board.
In addition, COHMG’s policies regarding time off, whether paid or unpaid, including but not limited to policies governing family and medical leave and pregnancy disability leave, as may be amended from time to time, will apply to Trainee.