|Dancers entertain attendees at a previous health fair. (Photo by Paula Myers)|
Employees, patients and community members are invited to attend the City of Hope Community Health Fair on Sept. 24.
The city of Duarte, Duarte Chamber of Commerce and League of United Latin American Citizens co-sponsor the event.
Among the attractions:
- Hands-on demonstration of the da Vinci Surgical System.
- Free blood-glucose testing for diabetes.
- “Ask the Pharmacist” exhibit.
- Cooking demonstrations and free samples from Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Henry’s Farmers Market and Trader Joe’s. Refreshments will be provided by Cabrera’s, Picasso’s, Ranchero, Rolling Sushi, Señor Fish, The Green Banana Leaf and others.
- Music and giveaways from 93.1 JACK-FM.
- Door prizes include a Nintendo Wii system donated by Anthem/Blue Cross.
Children’s activities include safety exhibits, face painting and a visit with pet therapy dogs.
The health fair will take place from 3 to 6:30 p.m., Sept. 24, in Cooper Auditorium.