DUARTE, Calif., April 5, 2012 — Twenty-five City of Hope physicians are featured in the recently published seventh edition of the book, “America’s Top Doctors for Cancer.” The book is a consumer guide to the nation’s top cancer specialists. It includes profiles of more than 2,000 doctors in 49 cancer specialties and subspecialties. Numerous City of Hope physicians have appeared in the previous six editions of the book.
Doctors were selected through open nominations by their peers, extensive research and careful review and screening by a physician-directed research team.
City of Hope physicians appearing in the book include:
Department of Clinical Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism
• Fouad R. Kandeel, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
• Stephen J. Forman, M.D., Francis and Kathleen McNamara Distinguished Chair in Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
• Alexandra Levine, M.D., M.A.C.P., chief medical officer
• Auayporn P. Nademanee, M.D., Jan & Mace Siegel Professor in Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
• Margaret R. O’Donnell, M.D.
• David S. Snyder, M.D.
Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
• Warren A. Chow, M.D.
• Marianna Koczywas, M.D.
• Dean W. Lim, M.D.
• Joanne Mortimer, M.D.
• Stephen I. Shibata, M.D.
• Przemyslaw Twardowski, M.D.
• Jeffrey N. Weitzel, M.D.
• Yun Yen, M.D., Ph.D., Dr. & Mrs. Allen Y. Chao Chair in Developmental Cancer Therapeutics
Department of Pathology
• Sharon Wilczynski, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics
• Joseph Rosenthal, M.D., Barron Hilton Chair in Pediatrics
Department of Radiation Oncology
• Richard D. Pezner, M.D.
• Jeffrey Y. C. Wong, M.D.
Department of Surgery
• James S. Andersen, M.D.
• Behnam Badie, M.D.
• Frederic Grannis, M.D.
• Mark H. Kawachi, M.D.
• I. Benjamin Paz, M.D.
• Vijay Trisal, M.D.
• Timothy G. Wilson, M.D., Pauline and Martin Collins Family Chair in Urology
“We are thrilled to have our physicians recognized in ‘America’s Top Doctors for Cancer,’” said Alexandra M. Levine, M.D., M.A.C.P., chief medical officer, City of Hope. “This reflects City of Hope’s excellence in patient care and shows that our doctors are among the best in the country.”
The book is available at the publisher's website at www.castleconnolly.com.