1. Minimally invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) liver, pancreatic, and gastric surgery.
2. Establishment of tumor bank for collection of blood, peritoneal fluid, and cancer specimens for patients with pancreatic and liver malignancies.
3. Investigation of neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapies for gastrointestinal malignancies.
4. Investigation of liver-directed therapies for liver cancers.
1. Mechanisms of the pathogenesis and progression of pancreatic cancer relating to chemokine receptor CXCR4.
2. Molecular marker analysis of solid tumors; detection of molecular and genetic aberrancies in tissue, blood, and peritoneal fluid of patients with pancreatic, colorectal, and hepatocellular cancers.
3. Evaluation of RET G691S DNA polymorphism in gastrointestinal malignancies.
4. Co-Principal Investigator: Investigator Initiated Trial to evaluate Zactima as second-line therapy for patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer.