1. Jennifer Couzin. Cancer Sharpshooters Rely on DNA Tests for a Better Aim. Science, 2004;305:1222-1223
2. Fukuoka, M., Yano, S., Giaccone, G., et al., Multi-institutional randomized phase II trial of gefitinib for previously treated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer., J. Clin. Oncol.;21:2237-46, 2003.
3. Lynch et al., Activiating mutations in the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor underlying responsiveness of Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer to Gefitinib. NEJM, 2004;
4. Paez et al., EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to Gefitinib therapy. Science, 2004; 304: 1497-1500.
5. Pao, W. et al. EGF receptor gene mutations are common in lung cancers from “never smokers” and are associated with sensitivity of tumors to gefitinib and erlotinib. Published online in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on August 23, 2004.
6. Personalized Medicine in Cancer: Matching Patients and Drugs. Genome News Network (http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articles/2004/10/28/matchingpatients.php)
7. Gazdar AF, et al., Mutations and addiction to EGFR:the Achilles ‘heal’ of lung cancers? Trends Mol Med. 2004 Oct;10(10):481-6.
8. Huang SF, et al., High frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations with complex patterns in non-small cell lung cancers related to gefitinib responsiveness in Taiwan. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Dec 15;10(24):8195-203.
9. Couzin J. Pharmacogenomics. Cancer sharpshooters rely on DNA tests for a better aim. Science. 2004 Aug 27;305(5688):1222-3
10. Sordella R, et al., Gefitinib-sensitizing EGFR mutations in lung cancer activate anti-apoptotic pathways. Science. 2004 Aug 20;305(5687):1163-7. Epub 2004 Jul 29.
11. Kosaka T, et al., Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in lung cancer: biological and clinical implications. Cancer Res. 2004 Dec 15;64(24):8919-23.
12. Marchetti A, et al., EGFR mutations in non-small-cell lung cancer: analysis of a large series of cases and development of a rapid and sensitive method for diagnostic screening with potential implications on pharmacologic treatment. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Feb 1;23(4):857-65.
13. Tokumo M, et al., The Relationship between Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutations and Clinicopathologic Features in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Feb 1;11(3):1167-1173.
14. Han SW, et al., Predictive and Prognostic Impact of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutation in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Patients Treated With Gefitinib. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Feb 14
15. Mitsudomi T, et al., Mutations of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Gene Predict Prolonged Survival After Gefitinib Treatment in Patients with Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer With Postoperative Recurrence J Clin Oncol. 2005 Feb 28
16. Shigematsu H, et al., Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancers J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 Mar 2;97(5):339-46
17. Kim KS, et al., Predictors of the response to gefitinib in refractory non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Mar 15;11(6):2244-51.
19. Cappuzzo F, et al., Epidermal growth factor receptor gene and protein and gefitinib sensitivity in non-small-cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 May 4;97(9):643-55.
20. Cortes-Funes H, et al., Epidermal growth factor receptor activating mutations in Spanish gefitinib-treated non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Ann Oncol. 2005 Apr 25;
21. Soung YH, et al., Mutational analysis of EGFR and K-RAS genes in lung adenocarcinomas. Virchows Arch. 2005 Apr 7; [Epub ahead of print]
22. Sasaki H, et al., EGFR Mutation status in Japanese lung cancer patients: genotyping analysis using LightCycler. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Apr 15;11(8):2924-9.
23. Chou TY, et al., Mutation in the tyrosine kinase domain of epidermal growth factor receptor is a predictive and prognostic factor for gefitinib treatment in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 May 15;11(10):3750-7.
24. Pao W, et al., Acquired resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinib is associated with a second mutation in the EGFR kinase domain. PLoS Med. 2005 Mar;2(3):e73. Epub 2005 Feb 22.
25. Sasaki H, et al., EGFR and erbB2 mutation status in Japanese lung cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2005 Jul 7
26. Eberhard DA, et al., Mutations in the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor and in KRAS Are Predictive and Prognostic Indicators in Patients With Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Treated With Chemotherapy Alone and in Combination With Erlotinib. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Jul 25; [Epub ahead of print]
27. Takano T, et al., Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Gene Mutations and Increased Copy Numbers Predict Gefitinib Sensitivity in Patients With Recurrent Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Jul 5
28. Tsao MS, et al., Erlotinib in lung cancer - molecular and clinical predictors of outcome. N Engl J Med. 2005 Jul 14;353(2):133-44.
29. Mu XL, et al., Gefitinib-sensitive mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase domain in chinese patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Jun 15;11(12):4289-94.
30. Sonobe M, et al., Mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor gene are linked to smoking-independent, lung adenocarcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2005 Jul 26; [Epub ahead of print]
31. Taron M, et al., Activating mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the epidermal growth factor receptor are associated with improved survival in gefitinib-treated chemorefractory lung adenocarcinomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Aug 15;11(16):5878-85.
32. Mukohara T, et al., Differential effects of gefitinib and cetuximab on non-small-cell lung cancers bearing epidermal growth factor receptor mutations. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 Aug 17;97(16):1185-94.
33. Zhang XT, et al., The EGFR mutation and its correlation with response of gefitinib in previously treated Chinese patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol. 2005 Aug;16(8):1334-42. Epub 2005 Jun 14.
34. Ren GP, et al., Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations detected in tumors from Chinese "never smokers" with lung adenocarcinoma. Chin Med J (Engl). 2005 May 5;118(9):769-71.
35. Pan ZK, et al., Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutation in Chinese Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Ai Zheng. 2005 Aug;24(8):919-23. Chinese.