- Our members are dedicated to the fight against cancer and other life-threatening diseases;
- Our members receive educational information (in very simple terms) to help understand the immune system and how it works;
- Our members receive a Special Services Contact Card, giving them access to a person at City of Hope to help navigate new patient inquiries and provide general City of Hope information;
- Our members receive quarterly bulletins of Board of Governors activities and scientific updates;
- Our members enjoy a wide variety of social events, most of which include scientific and medical speakers from City of Hope. The speakers mingle with the membership and are available to personally explain their leading-edge work; and
- Our members tour City of Hope annually to stay abreast of the latest activities and discoveries on the campus and specifically visit the Board of Governors Core Laboratory to get a personal update from the laboratory director.
The most important reason to join the Board of Governors:
"There is no better feeling than hearing from cancer survivors standing in front of you, that your contribution saved their or their child’s life. Your chest fills with pride, and you know you have selected the best charity to support. City of Hope is just such an opportunity for you to be a part of leading-edge science as our scientists and doctors continue to discover the secrets of curing cancer, diabetes, AIDS and other fatal diseases."
Robert Marx, Chairman
City of Hope Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is self-sustaining. Membership is by invitation only. The $1,500 annual membership dues pays for all event expenses, with any residual funds going to City of Hope.
For a Membership Application, click here to download, call 800-544-3541 ext. 26375 or click here to e-mail us with any questions.