City of Hope’s Employee Giving Program is a simple and efficient yet significant way for your company to make a difference in the lives of people in your community and throughout the world.
Every dollar you contribute and fundraising activity you plan support our pioneering research and treatment programs, as well as create an environment of goodwill among your employees.
City of Hope’s employees are proud participants of our own Employee Giving program. Nearly half of all City of Hope employees deduct funds from their paycheck to support City of Hope’s lifesaving work.
What is an employee giving/payroll pledge program?
Payroll pledge programs (also called payroll deduction) are one of the easiest, most efficient ways for organizations to raise money to support City of Hope’s research. For as little as $1 or more each week, employees can help make a difference in the fight against life-threatening diseases.
To find out more about City of Hope’s Employee Giving program, contact Mary Koenig at email@example.com.
What are the benefits?
Advantages for the company:
- Creates good community relations.
- Demonstrates good corporate citizenship and helps improve brand, image and reputation in the community.
- Produces larger employee gifts because of budgeted payments.
- Sends a strong message it is interested in engaging employees.
Advantages for the employee:
- Allows employees to make a significant contribution without a sudden cash expense.
- Increases employee morale by creating a feeling of teamwork between employees and their employer.
- Employees learn about services that can benefit them and their families.
Are there other fundraising opportunities?
In addition to a payroll pledge program, you can encourage other employee funding opportunities. We have found that successful fundraising involves just two things: creativity and fun. For example, themes and contests generate the most enthusiastic returns, and require little organization.
We’ve made it easy to get your Employee Fundraising Campaign Committee off the ground by providing some ideas that have been proven to build interest and participation:
- Silent Auction — Invite your employees to donate handmade crafts, furniture,
personal services or vacation homes for the weekend as prizes for a silent auction.
Employees can bid on the items during their breaks on the day the auction is held.
- Chili Cook-off — Get your apron ready! Challenge your employees to prepare their favorite chili recipe and have your staff perform the judging. Fellow “tasters” can make a donation for
the privilege of tasting and judging the contestants.
- Ice Cream Social — Bring your employees together for a good old-fashioned ice
cream social. Set a donation amount for each scoop and for each topping. Grab
the ice cream scoop and let the fun begin!
- Car Wash — Organize a simple car wash performed by your employees or
management. Create a bit of competition between teams of washers, where the
group that raises the most gets to wear jeans on Monday.
- Bake Sale — There’s nothing like the tried and true bake sale to bring out the
sweet tooth in every employee. Raise money inside the break room if it’s raining,
or outside if the weather is fair.
- Dunk Tank — Rent a dunk tank and involve your management to “dunk for
dollars.” Lots of laughter, smiles and funds will be generated as employees pay for
the opportunity to dunk the big guys.
Did you know that many companies will double or even triple your donation to City of Hope?
More information on Gift Matching >>