Coordinated involvement of teachers and school administrators is critical for the educational success of students undergoing medical treatment and recovery. Our pediatric medical and supportive care team at City of Hope strongly believes that patients benefit immensely from continued education and socialization that the school system provides best. We look forward to working with you to help these students move forward in their education and development.
Contact our School Program Coordinator with any questions you may have regarding a student undergoing medical treatment or recovery.
- Re-entry service coordination between the hospital, school, and family
- Medical letters from physicians
- Educational materials and information about the medical and psychological effects of treatment and recovery for school faculty and staff
- On-site school presentations for fellow students
- IEP and 504 recommendation assistance and hospital staff representation during on-site school planning meetings
Please let us know how we can be of assistance. It is our goal to help your students thrive academically and developmentally throughout their treatment and recovery.