City of Hope’s primary interest is caring for and healing our patients. To accomplish this goal, our researchers and clinicians are continuing to push the science of medicine forward. The Office of Technology Licensing assists in this process by facilitating partnerships with companies whose resources and commercial expertise help translate these basic discoveries into commercial products so they may one day be available to the public and improve the health and prosperity of our patients.
Below is a brief overview of some facts and statistics about City of Hope:
- National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center; ranked 17th best cancer hospital by U.S.News & World Report
- Translationally focused research institute with core areas of research in oncology, HIV/AIDS and diabetes
- 38 active and 9 pending City of Hope investigational new drugs with the Food and Drug Administration
- 300 ongoing clinical trials
- 100 principal investigators
- $323 million in research grants and royalties (2009)
Please contact the OTL team to inquire further about any available technologies or to simply learn more about City of Hope.