Deepika Wali, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
Areas of Expertise
Other Languages Spoken
Dr. Wali listens- Patient
Deepika Wali, M.D., brings more than two decades of hematology/oncology experience to City of Hope. Her decision to become a doctor came early.
“I was impressed in my childhood,” she says, “during visits with my parents to a doctor office or the hospital, that being a physician was a gateway to helping others uplift themselves physically, emotionally and spiritually.”
Raised in India, Dr. Wali received her medical degree at Grant Medical College in Mumbai, then came to the U.S. where she continued her training at Keck School of Medicine of USC and Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center.
Dr. Wali sees patients at our Antelope Valley community site. She has served at a wide variety of hospitals and community practices throughout Southern California, and is consistently noted for her compassion as well as her professional skills.
- 2019 - Present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Antelope Valley, CA
- 1978 - 1984, M.D., Medicine, Grant Medical College, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals - Bombay University, India
- 1993-1996, Fellowship, Hematology-Oncology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Keck School of Medicine of USC, LAC+USC
- 1991-1993, Residency, Internal Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, LAC+USC Medical Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2011, Medical Oncology Board Re-Certified
- 2019, Hematology Board Eligible
- 2008, Internal Medicine Board Certified
Parimoo D, Jeffers S, Muggia F. Severe Neurotoxicity from Vinorelbine - Paclitaxel Combinations: JNCI: J Natl Cancer Institute (1996) 88 (15): 1079-1080.
Garcia AA, Parimoo D, DImery I, Rogers M, Muggia FM. Tolerance of Paclitaxel 3 hour infusion with and without Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor on a biweekly schedule: Semin Oncol 1997 Dec; 24 (6 Suppl 19) S 19 -62- S19-66.
Garcia AA, Keren-Rosenberg S, Parimoo D, Rogers M, Jeffers S, Koda R, Muggia FM. Phase I and pharmacologic study of Estramustine Phosphate and short infusions of Paclitaxel in women with solid tumors: J Clin Oncol. 1998 Sept; 16(9):2959-63.
Koda RT, Garcia AA, Chatterjee DJ, Li WY, Parimoo D, Jeffers S, Rogers M, Leichman CG, Leichman L, Wu EY, Shetty BV, Webber S, Clendinnin N, Muggia FM. Phase I Study of AG331, a novel thymidylate synthase inhibitor in patients with refractory solid tumors: Cancer Chemother Pharmacol (1999) 43: 489-496.
Parimoo D, Raghavan D. Progress in the Management of Metastatic Bladder Cancer: Cancer Control. 2000 July-Aug;7(4):347-56. Review.
Parimoo D, Garcia A, Muggia F, Dimmery M, Jeffers S. Tolerance of Paclitaxel 3 hour infusion with Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor on a biweekly schedule: Proc Am Soc Clin Onc, 1996, Abstr No 376.