Abbas Padeganeh, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, Cancer Cytogenetics
Abbas Padeganeh, Ph.D.
- 2016-present, Associate Director, Cancer Cytogenetics, City of Hope, Duarte, California
- 2014, Ph.D., Molecular Biology-Systems Biology Option, Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC), Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada (advisor: Dr Paul S Maddox)
- 2014-2016, ABMGG Clinical Cytogenetics and Genomics Fellow, Greenwood Genetic Center (GGC), Greenwood, South Carolina
- De Rop V, Padeganeh A, Maddox PS. CENP-A: the key player behind centromere identity, propagation, and kinetochore assembly. Chromosoma. 2012;121(6):527-38.
- Padeganeh A, Ryan J, Boisvert J, Ladouceur AM, Dorn JF, Maddox PS. Octameric CENP-A nucleosomes are present at human centromeres throughout the cell cycle. Current Biology.2013;6;23(9):764-9.(Featured in News & Views articles in Nature Structural & Molecular Biology)
- Padeganeh A, De Rop V, Maddox PS. Nucleosomal composition at the centromere: a numbers game. Chromosome Research. 2013;21(1):27-36.
- Lavoie H, Thevakumaran N, Gavory G, Li JJ, Padeganeh A, Guiral S, Duchaine J, Mao DY, Bouvier M, Sicheri F, Therrien M. Inhibitors that stabilize a closed RAF kinase domain conformation induce dimerization. Nature Chemical Biology. 2013;9(7):428-36. (Cover article)
- Padeganeh A, Khalaj-Kondori M, Bakhshinejad B, & Sadeghizadeh M. Chapter Title: Non-Viral Vehicles: Principles, Applications, and Challenges in Gene Delivery. Book title: Molecular Cloning-Selected Applications in Medicine and Biology. ISBN: 978-953-307-398-9, Edited by: Gregory G.Brown, McGill University; Publisher: InTech, October 2011.
- The Education and CME Committee Trainee Member, American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMGG)
- 2015, Southeastern Regional Genetics Group (SERGG) Travel Award, Asheville, NC
- 2013, American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) Travel Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2013 - 2014, Doctoral Thesis Award, Molecular Biology Programs, Graduate Studies Committee, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal
- 2013, Best Poster Presentation Award, Epigenetics, Genome Integrity and Stem Cell Biology International Symposium, University of Montreal
- 2012, Best Poster Presentation Award, 18th scientific conference of the Molecular Biology Programs, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal
- 2012, Best Poster Presentation Award, 12th Annual McGill University Biomedical Graduate Conference
- 2011, Best Poster Presentation Award, 28th scientific conference, Department of pathology and cell biology, University of Montreal