Ammar Ahmed Chaudhry, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
Ammar Ahmed Chaudhry, M.D.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Other Languages Spoken
- Working knowledge of Spanish
City of Hope is unique ... the institutional motto of 'bench to bedside care' resonated with me.”
As a child, Ammar Ahmed Chaudhry, M.D., watched his parents struggle with complex medical conditions. He admired the doctors who treated them.
“Seeing the direct impact health care providers have on their patients’ lives and well-being gravitated me towards the field,” he says.
A super-achiever from the start, the much-honored Dr. Chaudhry double-majored in college and graduated summa cum laude, received his medical degree with honors from University of South Florida, and completed residency at Stony Brook University Hospital (including service as Chief Resident, co-Director of Radiology Clerkship, and member of the Dean’s Executive Committee). He successfully completed his fellowship training at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where he stayed on as faculty before joining City of Hope.
Dr. Chaudhry says his goal is to expand the options for noninvasive diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other diseases. Much of his research – hundreds of published articles, presentations and abstracts – takes that direction. Dr. Chaudhry is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed scientific journals. In addition to being a physician scientist, Dr. Chaudhry is an excellent teacher, having received several teaching awards, and has given several CME lectures at national/international scientific conventions. Dr. Chaudhry is faculty advisor and one of the editors for the prestigious USMLERX and USMLE First Aid series.
Dr. Chaudhry calls City of Hope a “perfect fit” because it matches his own commitment to “transforming patient care through research and precision imaging.” Dr. Chaudhry is the founder and director of the Precision Imaging Lab at City of Hope and his translational research is centered on applications of advanced imaging (fMRI, PET-MRI, PWI, hyperpolarized MRI) in oncology, metabolic disorders and inflammation. Dr. Chaudhry’s work has been well-received at City of Hope, recently earning him the Young Investigator Award at City of Hope in September 2017.
Please contact Dr. Chaudhry at [email protected] for research opportunities (students, residents and fellows), research collaboration and consultations.
- 2017-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, City of Hope, Duarte, California
- 2009–2010, Professor Asst. Anatomy, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- 2003–2005, Tutor-Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics. Calculus, St. John’s University, New York City, New York
- 2015, Masters in Business Administration and Public Health (M.B.A./M.P.H.), Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York
- 2010, Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- 2005, Bachelor of Science, Double Major: Physics and Biology, Minor: Chemistry, St. John’s University, New York, New York
- 2015-2016, Neuroradiology, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Radiology, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2014-2015, Cardiothoracic Imaging, Stony Brook University Medical Center, New York
- 2011-2015, Diagnostic Radiology, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, New York
- 2010-2011, Internal Medicine, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York
- Chaudhry AA, Yahyavi N, Pillai JJ, Lindquist MA, Calhoun VD, Agarwal S, Airan RD, Cafffo B, Gujar SK, Sair HI. Comparison of ICA versus Seed Based Analysis in the Accuracy of Resting-State fMRI Language Networks in Brain Tumor Patients. Radiology. 2017. REVISION.
- Chaudhry AA, Kamali A, Herzka DA, Wang K, Carrino J, Blitz AM. Detection of Stellate and Thoracic Sympathetic Chain Ganglia with High-Resolution 3D-CISS Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Am J Neuroradiology 2017. IN PRESS.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Chaudhry Ab, Moore W. Spontaneous Pneumothorax Secondary to Necrobiotic Rheumatoid Nodule. Radiology Feb 2017.
- Chaudhry AA, Gupta R, Gul M, Chaudhry Ab, Sheikh M, Peyster R, Matthews R. Pearls and Pitfalls of DaT-SPECT Imaging in Neurodegenerative Disorders. Neurographics. July 2016.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Gould E, Teng M, Baker K, Matthews R. Utility of Positron Emission Tomography-Magnetic Resonance in Musculoskeletal Imaging. World Journal of Radiology. March 2016; 8(3):268-274.
- Yoon JHE, Grechushkin V, Chaudhry AA, Bhattacharji P, Durkin B, Moore W. Cryoneurolysis in Patients with Refractory Chronic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Feb 2016; 27 (2): 239-43.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Baker KS, Gould ES. Radiological manifestations of Recreational Drug Abuse. Contemporary Diagnostic Radiology. Feb 2016; 39(4): 1-8.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Chaudhry Ab, Dunkin J. Qualitative Assessment of Diffusion Weighted Imaging and Susceptibility Weighted Imaging of CNS Myeloid Sarcoma. J Computer Assist Tomography. Jan-Feb 2016; 40 (1): 61-6.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Chaudhry Ab, Sheikh M, Dunkin J. Assessment of Anemia on Non-Contrast Computed Tomography of the Head. J Computer Assist Tomography. Nov-Dec 2015; 39 (6): 842-8.
- Chaudhry AA, Huston B, Grechushkin V, Kim C, Pena A, Hoshmand M, Chaya Y, Moore W, Bilfinger T. Characteristic CT Findings after Percutaneous Cryoablation Treatment of Malignant Lung Nodules. MEDICINE. Oct 2015; 94(42):e1672.
- Chaudhry AA, Gupta R, Woroch L, Filatov A, Peyster R, Bangiyev L. Making Sense of Sellar Region Pathology: Image-based Diagnostic Algorithm. Contemporary Diagnostic Radiology. Oct 2015; 38 (22): 1-8.
- Chaudhry AA, Gul M, Baker KS, Gould ES. Necrotizing soft tissue infections and mimics: Part I. Contemporary Diagnostic Radiology. July 2015; 38(14):1-8.
- Gul M, Chaudhry AA, Chaudhry Ab, Sheikh M, Carsons S. Atypical Presentation of CLIPPERS Syndrome: A New Differential Diagnosis Entity for CNS Rheumatological Diseases. J of Clin Rheumatol. Apr 2015; 21(3): 144-8
- Chaudhry AA, Baker KS, Gupta R, Gould ES. Necrotizing Fasciitis and Its Mimics: What Radiologists Need to Know? AJR Am J Roentgenol. Jan 2015; 204 (1): 128-39
Chaudhry AA, Muzammil M. Structural Heart Disease. Muzammil M, Feldmann E, Poon M. Clinical Pearls in Diagnostic Cardiac Computed Tomographic Angiography. Springer 2015; 129-169.
- 2009-present, American Board of Radiology
- 2010-present, Association of University Radiologists
- 2011-present, Radiological Society of North America
- 2011-present, American College of Radiology
- 2011-present, American Roentgen Ray Society
- 2011-present, American Society of Neuroradiology
- 2011-present, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology
- 2011-present, Society of Thoracic Radiology
- 2011-present, North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging
- 2012-present, American Society of Emergency Radiology
- 2012-present, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- 2014-present, Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- 2014-present, American Society of Spine Radiology
- 2006-2015, American Medical Association
- 2012-2013, American Society of Body Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance
- 2017, Young Investigator Award, City of Hope