Clarke Anderson, M.D.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Neural tumors including neuroblastoma and brain tumors
- Solid tumors including rare tumors
- Community based hematology/oncology
- Developmental Therapeutics in Neuroblastoma
“He was the first one who gave me hope.” - Patient
Clarke Anderson, M.D., is City of Hope's go-to professional for handling difficult and often heart-rending cases of cancer in small children, especially neuroblastomas, or tumors of the central nervous system.
Dr. Anderson joined City of Hope in 2005 after many years at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. He received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE.
Dr. Anderson frequently travels around Los Angeles and Antelope Valley to care for children in underserved communities, sparing them the trip to the City of Hope campus in Duarte. He also pioneered the Children's Hospice program in Los Angeles.
- 2005 - present, Physician, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2006 - present, Board Director, Desi Geestman Foundation
- 2003 - 2005, Director, Cancer Survivorship Clinic, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- 2002 - present, Founding Member, Children's Hospice and Care
- 1997 - 2005, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- 1996 - 1997, Instructor of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Brain Tumors
- Pituitary Disorders
- 1989 - Creighton University, Omaha, NE, M.D.
- 1979 -1983 - Creighton University, Omaha, NE, B.S.M.T
- July 1992 - June 1996, Pediatric Hem/Onc. Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- 1990-1992, Pediatrics -- Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- 1989 -1990, Creighton University, Department of Pediatrics, Internship
- 2003, American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- 1998, American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- 1992, American Board of Pediatrics, Re-certified, 1999
- 1992, State of California
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.