Brain Tumor Clinical Trials
For more information about the brain tumor studies listed below including eligibility criteria, please email email@example.com or call (626) 471-9393. For a summary of these studies including eligibility criteria, visit the City of Hope clinical trials website.
Unlike drugs that act by chemically killing cancer cells or halting their growth, immunotherapy uses the body’s own immune system to trigger its ability to seek out and kill cancer. City of Hope scientists are working on several immunotherapy approaches designed to exploit the body’s natural defenses against the disease:
- Nanotubes: Small and Lethal Envelopes Used to Kill Cancer - Principal investigators: Behnam Badie, M.D.; Jacob Berlin, Ph.D. and Leying (Larry) Zhang, Ph.D.
- Nanoparticles: Guiding Cancer Treatment to the Tumor with Magnets - Principal investigator: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Macrophages and Microglia: Harnessing the Immune System's Clean-up Crew - Principal investigators: Behnam Badie, M.D. , and Leying (Larry) Zhang, Ph.D.
- T cells: Maximizing a Patient's Immune System - Principal investigator: Stephen J. Forman, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Generation 2 T cells: Universal T cells - Principal investigator: Stephen J. Forman, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Generation 3 T-cells: Stacking the Deck Against Cancer - Principal investigators: Stephen J. Forman, M.D., F.A.C.P. , and John Rossi, Ph.D.
STEM CELL THERAPY
- Neural Stem Cells: One-Way Tickets to Tumors - Principal investigator: Karen Aboody, M.D.
- Finding Better Treatments for Brain Tumors - Principal investigator: Jana Portnow, M.D.
- Creating an Innovative Approach to Therapy - Principal Investigator: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Gene Therapy for Metastatic Brain Tumors - Principal investigators: Michael Y. Chen, M.D., Ph.D. , and Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D.
- Convection-enhanced Delivery - Principal investigator: Michael Y. Chen, M.D., Ph.D.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE APPROACHES
- Designing Leading-Edge Technology for Delivering Targeted Treatment - Principal investigator: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Uncovering New Targets for Treatment - Principal investigator: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Microdialysis Catheter