Brooke Crawford, M.D.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Bone tumors, benign and malignant
- Soft tissue extremity tumors, benign and malignant
- Bone lesions – avascular necrosis, Paget’s disease, or lesions that are not diagnosed and need work-up
- Metastatic tumors to bone, including pathologic fractures
- Extremity lumps and bumps that as yet have no diagnosis but need work-up
- Functional outcomes of patients with bone sarcoma after limb salvage
- Novel bone imaging techniques
Brooke Crawford, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Surgery, specializing in adult and pediatric orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Crawford earned her undergraduate degree magna cum laude from Santa Clara University. She received her medical doctorate from Oregon Health & Science University, where she also completed an internship in general surgery. Dr. Crawford continued her postgraduate education with a residency and fellowship in orthopedics at Saint Louis University Hospital, followed by a musculoskeletal oncology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Crawford is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including an orthopedic traveling fellowship to Malawi, Africa, from Health Volunteers Overseas. In 2005, she founded a city-wide orthopedic sports medicine lecture series in Portland, Oregon. She has authored various peer-reviewed publications, book chapters and posters, which she has presented at national and international conferences. As an accomplished and award-winning racquetball player, Dr. Crawford volunteered for several years as a coach for Catlin Gabel High School’s racquetball team.
- 2016 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2007, Medical Doctorate, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 2003, Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- 2008 - 2009, Junior Orthopaedic Trauma Fellow, Saint Louis University Hospital
- 2015 - 2016, Musculoskeletal Oncology fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- 2009 - 2015, Orthopaedic resident, Saint Louis University Hospital
- 2007 - 2008, General Surgery Preliminary Intern, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 2011-2012, Association of Women Surgeons
- 2002-2003, National Athletic Trainers Association