Work Life and Benefits
We know that physicians devote their lives to serving humanity. So, in turn, we want to take care of our physicians and their families by providing comprehensive and affordable benefits. All are designed to keep our workforce well, and protect our physicians and their families from the potential financial hardships of life. The Health and Life benefits offered to City of Hope Medical Group physicians and their eligible family members include:
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical plans - Antehm Blue Cross PPO or Kaiser HMO medical plans are offered; each offers extremely low out-of-pocket costs.
- Dental coverage - PPO or DMO plans are provided by Met Life and have comprehensive coverage and above average limits to benefits.
- Vision coverage - Exam, frames, and lenses are all included in MetLife's robust benefit plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Each calendar year, you have the option to set pre-tax dollars aside via payroll for eligible health and/or dependent care related expenses as determined by IRS guidelines.
- Life Insurance and AD&D - You are provided with automatic, employer-paid coverage which includes an investment savings option and the option to buy additional coverage.
- Short-term Disability - You are provided with a high level of income replacement in the event of short term illness or accidents.
- Long-term disability - You may choose to purchase a long-term disability plan that will provide income replacement in the event that time away for illness or accidents exceeds the short-term disability period.
- Employee Assistance Program - Professional and confidential counseling services, offered at no cost, are designed to help employees and their families cope with personal life concerns.
Paid Time Off
- Vacation Time - Upon hire, you will begin accruing vacation hours equal to 20 days per year (pro-rated based on hours worked).
- Meeting Time - You may use up to 10 days annually for approved continuing medical education (CME) activities or other conferences.
- Holiday and Personal Time - City of Hope Medical Group observes six legal national holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day), and provides up to an additional three paid personal days.
- Sick Time - You accrue sick time equivalent to 18 days per year (pro-rated based on hours worked), to use when illness or injury prevents you from working.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan - City of Hope Medical Group offers a very generous 401k plan that aims to help employees build their future financial security. Employee may make additional tax-deferred contributions to their accounts up to the federal IRS limit.
For more information, please email [email protected].