Eileen P. Smith, M.D.
- Associate Director, Clinical Research Program, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Clinical Professor of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Staff Physician
Eileen P. Smith, M.D.
Eileen P. Smith, M.D., has spent nearly three decades at City of Hope, beginning in 1988 as a fellow in medical oncology and bone marrow transplantation.
A respected specialist in the field, Dr. Smith is an associate director and clinical professor at City of Hope’s Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation Institute.
She is currently running a clinical trial examining the effectiveness of administering a double or “tandem” dose of a patient's own healthy stem cells within a relatively short period of time.
Dr. Smith received her medical degree from University of Southern California where she also did a fellowship in hematology. She served in the National Health Service Corps, and is active in PRIM&R: Public Responsibility in Medicine & Research.
- 2003 - present, Staff Physician and Clinical Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1996 - 2003, Associate Professor of Medicine, Dept. of Medicine, University of WI Medical School, Madison, WI
- 1994 - 1996, Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine & Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- 1988 - 1996, Staff Physician, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, Duarte, CA
- 1984 - 1986, National Health Service Corps: Physician Specialist in Adult Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Multiple Myeloma
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplantation
- 1981, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, M.D.
- 1976, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT, B.S. Cum Laude, Biology
- 1988 -1989, Fellowship in medical oncology/bone marrow transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1986 -1988, Fellowship in hematology, Los Angeles County - USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 1981 to 1984 - Internship & Residency, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- 1989, Diplomate, ABIM Subspecialty of Medical Oncology
- 1988, Diplomate, ABIM Subspecialty of Hematology
- 1984, Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1982, Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners