Marcela D. Alincourt Salazar, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow
Marcela D. Alincourt Salazar, Ph.D.
- 2014 - Present: Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012 - 2014: Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Virology, Division of Translational Vaccine Research, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA.
- 2011 - 2012: Postdoctoral Research Associate – Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California.
- 2010 - 2011: Research Assistant Professor (non-tenured track) – Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio.
- 2005 - 2010: Ph.D. Candidate – Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio.
- 2000 - 2004: Undergraduate Research Assistant - Department of Cellular Pathology and Immunology, Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 2001 - 2003: Government of Brazil Scholar - National Council for Scientific Development Junior Research scholar, Department of Cellular Pathology and Immunology, Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 2001: Intern Laboratory of Animal Studies, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2010, University of Toledo, Ohio, Biochemistry & Cancer Biology, Ph.D.
- 2004, Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, BS, Biological Sciences
The folate receptor: What does it promise in tissue-targeted therapeutics?” Marcela D’Alincourt Salazar & Manohar Ratnam. Cancer Metastasis Rev (2007) 26:141–152.
“Estrogen-induced and TAFII30-mediated gene repression by direct recruitment of the estrogen receptor and co-repressors to the core promoter and its reversal by tamoxifen”, H Hao*, M d’Alincourt-Salazar*, KMM Kelley, A Shatnawi, S Mukherjee, YM Shah and M Ratnam. Oncogene (2007), 1–13 * Equal contribution.
“Regulation of folate receptor internalization by protein kinase C alpha”, Elnakat H, Gonit M, d'Alincourt Salazar M, Zhang J, Basrur V, Gunning W, Kamen B, Ratnam M. (2009) Biochemistry 48:8249-8260.
“C/EBPalpha redirects androgen receptor signaling through a unique bimodal interaction”, Zhang, J.*, Gonit, M.*, Salazar, M.D.*, Shatnawi, A., Shemshedini, L., Trumbly, R. and Ratnam, M. (2010) Oncogene 29:723-738. * Equal contribution.
“Hormone Depletion-Insensitivity of Prostate Cancer Cells is Supported by the Androgen Receptor without Binding to Classical Response Elements”, Mesfin Gonit, Juan Zhang, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Hongjuan Cui, Aymen Shatnawi, Robert Trumbly and Manohar Ratnam (2011) Molecular Endocrinology, April 2011, 25(4):621–634.
“During Hormone Depletion or Tamoxifen Treatment of Breast Cancer Cells the Estrogen Receptor Apoprotein Supports Cell Cycling through the Retinoic Acid Receptor α1 Apoprotein”, Marcela D’Alincourt Salazar, Maya Ratnam, Mugdha Patki, Ivana Kisovic, Robert Trumbly, Iman Mohamed and Manohar Ratnam (2011) Breast Cancer Research 2011, 13:R18. Highly accessed.
“Homonal Control of Folate Receptor Genes (Chapter 3)”, Mesfin Gonit, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Juan Zhang, Hala Elnakat, Suneethi Sivakumaran and Manohar Ratnam (2011) Targeted Drug Strategies for Cancer and Inflammation, Springer.
"Intranasal administration of perillyl alcohol activates peripheral and bronchoalveolar-associated immune system in vivo". Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar , Rafael Ferreira da Silva, Clovis Orlando Da Fonseca, Jussara Lagrota-Candido and Thereza Quirico-Santos (2013) Accepted for publication- Archivum Immunologiae et Therapiae Experimentalis.