Michael Zourabian, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medical Specialties
- Assistant Director, Evaluation and Treatment Center
Michael Zourabian, M.D.
- Hospital Medicine
- Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
- Respiratory Diseases
Michael Zourabian, M.D., is Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Medical Specialties and the Assistant Director of the Evaluation and Treatment Center (ETC). Dr. Zourabian was born and raised in Russia, where he received his MD degree from the Yerevan State Medical University in 1983, and his post-doctoral training in thoracic surgery at the Moscow Medical Academy in 1990. He was a resident and fellow in thoracic surgery in Armenia and in St. Petersburg, Russia. He served as the Chief Physician of the Evaluation Treatment Center at Tuberculosis Hospital #7 in Moscow, Russia, and in the Department of Surgery at Pulmonary Hospital in Abovian, Armenia.
Dr. Zourabian then moved to the United States where he completed a residency in Family Medicine at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital in Whittier, California. During his residency, Dr. Zourabian was a hospitalist at City of Hope. He also worked at the same time as a respiratory therapist at multiple medical facilities throughout the Los Angeles area, including City of Hope. Dr. Zourabian has published multiple peer-reviewed papers focused on thoracic surgery. He speaks fluent Russian and Armenian as well as English. He has been an outstanding, hard-working, committed nocturnist for us for a number of years, and City of Hope is fortunate to have this well trained and experienced physician on our faculty. Dr. Zourabian works in the ETC, which is staffed from noon to midnight, 7 days per week by a rotating group of three City of Hope physicians.
- 1990, Ph.D., Moscos Medical Academy, Russia
- 1983, M.D., Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia
- 1975, School #82, Yerevan, Armenia
- Post doctoral training/research in thoracic surgery at Medical Academy Dissertation, Moscow, Russia (1987-1990)
- 1987-1990, Post doctoral training/research in thoracic surgery, Dissertation: Post surgical lung wound healing with carnosin stimulation, Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
- 2004-2007, Residency, Family Practice, Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital, Whittier, CA
- 1983-1985, Residency: TB-diseases/thoracic surgery, Pulmonary Hospital, Abovian, Armenia
- 2004-2005, Internship: Family Practice, Mercy Medical Center, Merced, CA
- California Medical License
- Certified Respiratory Care (RCP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Zourabian M. Lung fibroblasts growth dynamic under carnosin influence, Journal of Arogchapahutune, June 1990, Volume 6, Pages 3-6.
Zourabian M, Karapetian ET. Surgical treatment of echinococcal cysts of the right middle lobe. Journal of Yerevan Scientific Society, April 1983, Volume 1; 22-24.