Paul Han, M.S., D.P.M.
- Clinical Professor, Department of Clinical Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology
Paul Han, M.S., D.P.M.
- Podiatric Surgery
- Foot Surgery
- Diabetic Foot
Dr. Paul Han is a podiatric physician, certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a fellow in the American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics. He joined City of Hope in 2010 as medical staff in the Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism, and in the Division of General Oncologic Surgery. He also has been in private practice in Orange County since 1985 and served as vice chairman of the department of Surgery at Coastal Community Hospital in Orange County.
Dr. Han specializes in diabetic foot complications, and is an expert in limb preservation in diabetes. Dr. Han leads City of Hope's diabetic foot program and also provides education to endocrine fellows on diabetic foot complications. His expertise in diabetic foot goes back to 1991 when he was appointed as chief of podiatric surgery and director of podiatric residency program at the Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital in West Los Angeles where he developed diabetic amputation prevention program for the veterans. Dr. Han trained over 500 students, podiatrists and family practice residents while at the VA Hospital and has written numerous peer reviewed journal articles related to diabetic foot complications and has given numerous lectures throughout the country.
- 2010-present, Clinical Professor, Clinical Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of General Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2006-2011, Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery, Coastal Communities Hospital, Santa Ana, CA
- 1998-2004, Medical Director, Tenet Health System, Diabetic Foot Wound Care Center, Coastal Communities Hospital, Santa Ana, CA
- 1996, Examiner, CA State Licensing Examination Committee California Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 1992-1997, Director of Podiatric Residency Program VA Hospital, West Los Angeles, CA
- 1992-1997, Expert Witness on behalf of the State of California, Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 1991-1998, Examiner for Board Certification, American Board of Podiatric Surgery 1991-1997, Chief, Podiatric Surgery, VA Hospital, West Los Angeles, CA
- 1985-present, Private practice, Santa Ana, CA
- 1983-1985, VA Hospital, West Los Angeles, Postgraduate Podiatric Surgical Residency
- 1979-1983, California College of Podiatric Medicine , Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- 1977-1979, CA State University, Northridge, Master of Science, Organic Chemistry
- 1973-1977, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry
- 1987-1990, Department of Internal Medicine, St. Luke Hospital and St. Louis Regional Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, Resident
- 1983-1984, Department of Surgery, Taipei Medical College Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Resident
- 2012, American Board of Wound Healing
- 1990, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
- 1989, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- 1989, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
"PARTIAL LIST OF PUBLICATIONS"
- Paul Y. Han, Ruben Ezquerro,"Surgical Treatment of Pressure Heel Ulcers in Skilled Nursing Facilities: A 12-Year Retrospective Study of 57 Patients." J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. (2011) 101:167-175.
- Paul Han, Ruben Ezquerro, Yong W Chung, Steven Hwang, Jin Jou Lu, Kwei Min Pan, Co-morbidities associated with diabetic foot complications among Asian Americans in Southern California. J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. Volume 93 Number 1 37-41 (2003).
- Paul Han, Ruben Ezquerro, Diabetic Foot Wound Care Algorithms. June issue, J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. (2002), vol 92 No. 6, p336-p349.
- Paul Han, Diabetes and Foot Complications, (1996) KNH Press, New York, N.Y.
- Paul Y Han, Gail Johnson, The Role of Talectomy in the Treatment of Rigid Talipes Equinovarus Deformities, J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. (1995) 85:189-97.
- H. LeRoy Nyquist, Paul Y. Han, Thomas Speechly. Solvolysis of the Sulfonate Esters of 1-(4,6-dimethyl-s-trizin-2-yl)-2-propanol and 1-(4,6-dimethyl-s-trizin-2-yl)-2-butanol Involving a Special Salt Effect and Anchimeric Assistance, The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 57:1449 - 1456. (1992).
- Paul Y. Han, Gail Johnson, Tissue Expansion as an Alternative to Skin Grafting for Closure of Skin Defects. J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. (1992) 82:249-59.
- Alfred Danna, PY Han, Simplified Preoperative Evaluation for Various Osteotomies 76:2-7, J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. (1986) 76:2-6.