Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery
- Breast Surgeon
Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Conserving Surgery
- Breast Cancer Survivorship
- 2015 to present - Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014 to 2015 - Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Breast Cancer
- 2004 to 2008 - Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN, M.D. with honors
- 2000 to 2004 - Stanford University, Stanford, CA, B.A. with Honors in Cultural and Social Anthropology
- 2013 to 2014 - Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- 2009 to 2013 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Residency
- 2008 to 2009 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Internship
- Jones, VC., Carlson, GW. Disparities in immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy: time for a change [Editorial]. The Breast Journal. Jul-Aug, 2014; 20(4):337-8.
- Fair, A. Malin, Wujcik, D., Lin, A., Grau, A., Wilson, V. Champion V., Zheng, W., Egan, K. Obesity, Gynecological Factors, and Abnormal Mammography Follow-Up in Minority and Medically Underserved Women. (2009) Journal of Women’s Health 18(7)1033-1039. PMID: 19558307
- Wilson, VC. (2007, January 1). Clinical Rounds at Kenyatta National Hospital. Journal of the Student National Medical Association. 13, 18-20.
- Jones, V., Binkley, J., Crawford, A., Kirkpatrick, S., Furbish, C., Stratford, P., Thompson, W., Farley, C., Bowman, E., Okoli, J., Beech, D., Gabram, S. Rehabilitation needs in the breast cancer (BC) survivorship population: a prospective observational study. Society of Surgical Oncology, Houston, TX, 2015 (Poster)
- Jones, V., Linebarger, J., Perez S., Gabram, S., Okoli, J., Bumpers, H., Burns, B., Mosunjac, M., Rizzo, M. Excising Additional Margins at Initial Breast-conserving Surgery (BCS) Reduces the Need for Re-excision: A Report of a Randomized Prospective Study in a Public Hospital. Society of Surgical Oncology, Houston, TX, 2015 (Poster)
- Jones, V., Cedillo, V., Koch, M., Barnes, S., Grant, M., Knox, S., Jones. R, Lamont, J. Mastectomy: Is There Occult Cancer Within the Nipple? American College of Surgeons North Texas Chapter Meeting, Dallas, TX. 2012 (Oral Presentation) Awarded American College of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Best Surgical Oncology Paper
- Wilson, V., Knox, S., Fisher, T., Cheek, S., Lamont, J. Patient Satisfaction with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) Following Breast Conservation Surgery. American College of Surgeons North Texas Chapter Meeting, Dallas, TX. 2010 (Oral Presentation)
- Malin, A*., Wujcik, D., Wilson, V., Lin, J., Grau A., Champion V., Zheng W. Predictors of delay to timely mammography resolution in minority and medically underserved women. 5th annual AACR International Conference on Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research, Boston, MA, 2006 (Poster)
- 2012 - American College of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Best Surgical Oncology Paper: Mastectomy: Is There Occult Cancer Within the Nipple?
- 2013 - Chief Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2011 - Cardiovascular Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2010 - John Peter Smith Resident of the Quarter, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2009 - American Society of Clinical Oncology Resident Travel Award