James L Lin, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine
- Section Head, Interventional Endoscopy
James L Lin, M.D.
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
James Lin, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Medicine at City of Hope in Duarte, California.
Dr. Lin graduated from Emory University with a degree in anthropology and human biology. He received his master's in population dynamics and reproductive health from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and earned his medical degree from Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He completed his internal medicine residency at University of California Irvine and his gastroenterology fellowship at the John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County in Chicago, followed by an advanced endoscopy fellowship at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. He subsequently joined the faculty at City of Hope in 2009, where he serves as section head of interventional endoscopy.
Dr. Lin’s clinical interests are in gastric cancer, therapeutic endoscopy and advanced endoscopic resection techniques. He completed training in endoscopic submucosal dissection at the National Cancer Center in Tokyo and Seoul National University Hospital. As a member of the multidisciplinary gastric cancer group at City of Hope, he is working on community outreach for high risk populations, research in advance imaging, and the management of dysplasia and early gastric cancers.
- 2009 - present, Staff Physician, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2009 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Colorectal Cancer
- Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
- M.D., Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- M.H.S., Population Dynamics/Reproductive Biology, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- B.S., Anthropology/Human Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Gastroenterology, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
- Advanced Endoscopy, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL
- 2008 - present, Florida medical license
- 2008, Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
- 2004 - present, California medical license
- 2005, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2004 - 2008, Illinois medical license
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterology Association