Krupali Tejura, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor
- Staff Physician
Krupali Tejura, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology
“I’m really excited to bring my training back to the community that I grew up in and who supported my dream to become a physician; I look forward to joining a team so committed to high quality cancer care and research.”
Krupali Tejura, M.D., is a native of Corona, California. While training in radiation oncology at Emory University, she participated in several cancer awareness programs, including the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, and was on the medical staff for the breast cancer walks in Atlanta. She was also recently named one of "The Hundred" by Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, an award focused on those passionately advancing the fight against cancer.
Dr. Tejura appeared on Ted Koppel’s Discovery Channel special, “Living with Cancer,” where she participated in the Community Hall meeting with Lance Armstrong, Elizabeth Edwards and Leroy Sievers. She has also spoken at TEDxYouth Day, TED You, and NPR about her concept of patient care.
Dr. Tejura’s warm, outgoing personality is a comfort to all her patients. Her passion lies in not only treating cancer but being a patient advocate incorporating social media to give hope and fulfill the dreams of her patients.
Her personal hobbies and interests include traveling the word, reading, writing, scuba diving, photography and walking alongside the ocean. She loves to spend time with her family and friends.
- 2014-Present - Staff Physician, Radiation Oncology, City of Hope - Corona, CA
- 2007 - 2014 - Radiation oncologist, Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, Inc., Corona, CA
- 2002 - University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, M.D.
- 1997 - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, B.S., Biological Sciences, Magna Cum Laude, B.A. in Sociology, Magna Cum Laude
- 2003-2007 - Resident, Radiation Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- 2002-2003 - Resident, Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Radiation Therapy, American Board of Radiology
- Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Physicians from India
- 2009, ASCO Clinical Trials Participation Award
- 2005, Research Prize Award, National Medical Association
- 2002, Medical School Graduation Speaker, UCLA
- 2002, Excellence in Research Award, UCLA
- 1999-2000, Interim Research Training Fellowship Award, National Institutes of Health
- 1993-1997, Trustee Scholar, University of Southern California