Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery
- Breast Surgeon
Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Conserving Surgery
- Breast Cancer Survivorship
- 2015 to present - Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014 to 2015 - Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Breast Cancer
- 2004 to 2008 - Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN, M.D. with honors
- 2000 to 2004 - Stanford University, Stanford, CA, B.A. with Honors in Cultural and Social Anthropology
- 2013 to 2014 - Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- 2009 to 2013 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Residency
- 2008 to 2009 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Internship
- 2017, Breast Ultrasound Certified, ASBrS, Las Vegas
- 2016, California Department of Public Health X-ray Supervisor and Operator
- 2013, 2015, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative Certification (CITI)
- 2014, American Board of Surgery Certification, 058958, Active, Certified
- McCune J, Jones VC, Seewaldt VL. Metformin and chemoprevention: potential for heart-healthy targeting of biologically aggressive breast cancer. Frontiers in Prevention, in press, 2019.
- Tossas-Milligan K, Shalabi S, Jones V, Seewaldt VL. Mammographic density: intersection of advocacy, science, and clinical practice. Breast Can Res., in press 2019.
- Tobin SJ, Wakefield DL, Jones V, Liu X, Schmolze D, Jovanović-Talisman T Single molecule localization microscopy coupled with touch preparation for the quantification of trastuzumab-bound HER2. . Sci Rep. 2018 Oct 11;8(1):15154. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-33225-0. PMID: 30310083
- Wu C, Ashing KT, Jones VC, Barcelo L. The association of neighborhood context with health outcomes among ethnic minority breast cancer survivors. J Behav Med. 2018 Feb;41(1):52-61/ PMID: 28752331
- Ashing KT, George M, Jones V. Health-related quality of life and care satisfaction outcomes: informing psychosocial oncology care among Latina and African-American young breast cancer survivors. Psychooncology. 2018 Apr;27 (4):1213-1220. PMID: 29370454
- Disparities in managing emotions when facing a diagnosis of breast cancer: Results of screening program of couples distress. Dumitra S, Jones V, Rodriguez J, Bitz C, Polamero E, Loscalzo M, Kruper L, Warner SG. Surgery. 2018 Jan 19. pii: S0039-6060(17)30861-9. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2017.11.022. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29370926
- Time to Treatment: Measuring Quality Breast Cancer Care.Polverini AC, Nelson RA, Marcinkowski E, Jones VC, Lai L, Mortimer JE, Taylor L, Vito C, Yim J, Kruper L. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Oct;23 (10):3392-402. PMID: 27503492
- Implementing the Prospective Surveillance Model (PSM) of Rehabilitation for Breast Cancer Patients with 1-Year postoperative Follow-up, a Prospective, Observational Study. Lai L, Binkley J, Jones V, Kirkpatrick S, Furbish C, Stratford P, Thompson W, Sidhu A, Fraley C, Okoli J, Beech D, Gabram S. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Oct;23(10):3379-84. PMID: 27334210
- Excising Additional Margins at Initial Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS) Reduces the Need for Re-excision in a Predominantly African American Population: A Report of a Randomized Prospective Study in a Public Hospital. Jones V, Linebarger J, Perez S, Gabram S, Okoli J, Bumpers H, Burns B, Mosunjac M, Rizzo M. Ann Surg Oncol, 2016 Feb;23(2):456-64. PMID:26254169
- Obesity, gynecologic factors, and abnormal mammography follow-up in minority and medically underserved women. Fair AM, Wujcik D, Lin JM, Grau A, Wilson V, Champion V, Zheng W, Egan KM. J Women’s Health (Larnmt). 2009 Jul; 18(7):1033-9. PMID: 19558307
- Disparities in immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy: time for a change [Editorial]. Jones VC, Carlson GW. Breast J. Jul-Aug; 20(4):337-8. PMID:24985527
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2012 - American College of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Best Surgical Oncology Paper: Mastectomy: Is There Occult Cancer Within the Nipple?
- 2013 - Chief Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2011 - Cardiovascular Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2010 - John Peter Smith Resident of the Quarter, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2009 - American Society of Clinical Oncology Resident Travel Award