Jasmine M Zain, M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Director, T cell Lymphoma Program
- Tim Nesvig Lymphoma Research Fellow
Jasmine M Zain, M.D.
- T Cell Lymphoma
Jasmine Zain M.D., is an associate clinical professor in hematology and HCT. Additionally, she is the Tim Nesvig Lymphoma Research Fellow, as well as director of the T cell Lymphoma Program at the Toni Stephenson Lymphoma Center at City of Hope.
Dr. Zain obtained her medical degree from Fatima Jinnah Medical College for Women in Lahore Pakistan. She went on to complete an internship and residency at North Shore Hospital of Forest Hills in Forest Hills, NY, followed by a hematology/oncology fellowship at New York University Medical Center. She then took a position at The Brooklyn Hospital as an attending physician, followed by an appointment as assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Connecticut. In 2002,
Dr. Zain first joined City of Hope where she specialized in the treatment of patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, allogeneic stem cell transplantation, and early phase clinical trials in hematologic malignancies. She left City of Hope to assume a leadership position as director of the bone marrow transplant program at NYU Langone Medical Center, before joining the faculty at Columbia University in 2012.
Triple-board certified in hematology, oncology and internal medicine, Dr. Zain is an active member of several professional associations, and has published more than 78 peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and book chapters. She served as an Associate Editor for two journals in her field - Clinical Lymphoma and Myeloma, and Clinical Cancer Research - and has been invited to speak both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Zain is a superb clinician, a productive and creative clinical researcher, and an outstanding and experienced teacher.
- 2014-present, Director, T Cell Lymphoma Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014-present, Associate Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012-2014, Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Director of BMT, Columbia University, New York, NY
- 2009-2014, Director, Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Department of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
- 2009-2012, Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology & Medical Oncology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
- 2008-2009, Clinical Assistant Professor, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- 2002-2008, Staff Physician, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2001-2002, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Stamford, CT
- 1999-2001, Hematology/Oncology, Attending Physician, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY
- 1992-1999, Teaching Assistant, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- 1992-1994, General Internist, Internal Medicine, Northern Hospital of Surry County, Mt. Airy, NC
- 1988-1989, House Officer, Internal Medicine/Department of Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan
- M.D. 1987, M.D., Fatima Jinnah Medical College for Women, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- 1994-1999, Fellow, Hematology/Oncology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York
- 1990-1992, Residency, Internal Medicine, North Shore Hospital of Forest Hills, (Formerly La Guardia Hospital), Forest Hills, New York
- 1989-1990, Internship, Internal Medicine, North Shore Hospital of Forest Hills, Forest Hills, New York
- California medical license
- New York medical license
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Hematology, American Board of Oncology
Sirutin and Pan- Class I/II deacetylase (DAC) inhibition is synergistic in preclinical models and clinical studies of lymphoma. Amengual JE, Clark-Garvey S, Kalac M, Scotto L, Marchi E, Neylon E, Johannet P, Wei Y, Zain J, O'Connor OA. Blood. 2013 Sep 19; 122(12):2104-13. Epub 2013 Aug 2.; An unusual extra nodal presentation of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Phillips AA, Zain J.Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2012 Sep; 10(9):623-5.; Long-term follow-up and survival of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma patients treated with extracorporeal photopheresis. Knobler R, Duvic M, Querfeld C, Straus D, Horwitz S, Zain J, Foss F, Kuzel T, Campbell K, Geskin L. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2012 Oct;28(5):250-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0781.2012.00689.x.; Novel therapeutic agents for cutaneous T-Cell lymphoma. Jain S, Zain J, O'Connor O.J Hematol Oncol. 2012 May 17; 5:24.; Role of histone deacetylase inhibitors in the treatment of lymphomas and multiple myeloma. Zain J. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2012 Jun;26(3):671-704, ix. Epub 2012 Mar 28.; Novel therapeutic agents for cutaneous T-Cell lymphoma. Jain S, Zain J, O'Connor O. J Hematol Oncol. 2012 May 17;5:24; Safety and efficacy of Brentuximab Vedotin for Hodgkin lymphoma recurring after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Gopal AK, Ramchandren R, O'Connor OA, Berryman RB, Advani RH, Chen R, Smith SE, Cooper M, Rothe A, Matous JV, Grove LE, Zain J. Blood. 2012 Jul 19;120(3):560-8. Epub 2012 Apr 17.; A phase 2 study of Vorinostat for treatment of relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: Southwest Oncology Group Study S0517.Kirschbaum MH, Goldman BH, Zain JM, Cook JR, Rimsza LM, Forman SJ, Fisher RI: Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Sep 19.; Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant for peripheral T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma results in long-term disease control. Zain J, Palmer JM, Delioukina M, Thomas S, Tsai NC, Nademanee A, Popplewell L, Gaal K, Senitzer D, Kogut N, O'Donnell M, Forman SJ: Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Aug;52(8):1463-73.; Emerging role of carfilzomib in treatment of relapsed and refractory lymphoid neoplasms and multiple myeloma. Jain S, Diefenbach C, Zain J, O'Connor OA: Core Evid. 2011; 6:43-57.; A phase 1 trial dose-escalation study of tipifarnib on a week-on, week-off schedule in relapsed, refractory or high-risk myeloid leukemia.Kirschbaum MH, Synold T, Stein AS, Tuscano J, Zain JM, Popplewell L, Karanes C, O'Donnell MR, Pulone B, Rincon A, Wright J, Frankel P, Forman SJ, Newman EM : Leukemia. 2011 Oct;25(10):1543-7.; Reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation using fludarabine-melphalan conditioning for treatment of mature T-cell lymphomas. Delioukina M, Zain J, Palmer JM, Tsai N, Thomas S, Forman S. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011 Feb 28.; This is an abbreviated listing. Request CV for full publications listing.