Living With Breast Cancer
Stephanie, breast cancer survivor
When you come to City of Hope, you automatically gain access to an unparalleled array of support services to help you and your loved ones take each step during and after your breast cancer treatment.
We can help with all of the following concerns, and more:
- Managing symptoms and side effects, such as pain, lymphedema, nausea and fatigue
- Handling emotional, social and spiritual issues
- Coping with stress
- Navigating the health care system
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with expert nutrition and physical activity guidance
- Addressing fertility and intimacy concerns
- Building caregiver skills
- Improving communication with family, partners and loved ones
- Restoring normalcy in your family, job or school routine
- Healing arts workshops to restore the body and mind
- Learning cosmetic techniques for cancer- or treatment-related appearance issues
- Returning to wellness after active treatment
Visit our Living with Cancer or Supportive Care Medicine sites for more information. For more information about the supportive care programs we offer, please contact the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-218-2273 (CARE) or the Women’s Center at 800-934-5555.
Many women are relieved or excited to be finished with breast cancer treatment. However, some worry that their cancer could come back, or feel lost without the same level of care from their cancer-care providers. It’s very important to go to all follow-up appointments, when doctors will ask patients about any problems, and may conduct exams, lab tests or imaging tests to look for signs of cancer or treatment side effects.