Leukemia and Lymphoma - Support Services
Living with pediatric leukemia and lymphoma
When you come to City of Hope, you automatically gain access to an unparalleled array of support services to help you and your loved ones take each step during and after your leukemia treatment.
We can help with all of the following concerns, and more:
- Managing symptoms and side effects, such as pain, nausea and fatigue
- Recovering after stem cell transplantation
- Handling emotional, social and spiritual issues in group or one-on-one settings
- Coping with the stress of diagnosis, treatment and recovery
- Addressing fertility and family planning issues
- Navigating the health care system, including related legal and financial issues
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with expert nutrition and physical activity guidance
- Building caregiver skills
- Improving communication with family, partners and loved ones
- Restoring normalcy in your family, job or school routine
- Restoring your body and mind through healing arts workshops
- Connecting with and learning from other patients and survivors
- Returning to wellness after active treatment
For more information about the supportive care programs we offer, please contact the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-218-2273 (CARE).
A unique benefit of being treated at City of Hope is that we treat young children, adolescents and young adults, ensuring a continuum of care through the years for this special group of patients.
Childhood, Adolescent And Young Adult Survivorship Program
The majority of children diagnosed with leukemia or lymphoma are cured; however, there can be long-term side effects. Our Childhood, Adolescent And Young Adult Survivorship Program clinic is specially designed to meet the follow-up needs of childhood cancer survivors, who are evaluated annually by a team of health care professionals with expertise in survivorship issues.
The Pediatric Leukemia and Lymphoma psychosocial team, which includes psychologists, social workers and child life specialists, are available to answer your questions and provide support tailored to your unique situation. The team includes: