Lung Cancer Support Services
Living With Lung Cancer
Getting lung cancer is frightening and devastating. Getting through it and figuring out how to live a long life takes layers of support. When you come to City of Hope, you get access to a strong support network, including staff to help you and your family at every step in your journey. That includes everything from talk therapy to meditation to being connected with a patient navigator. Supportive care is not just about improving your mood and quality of life — it has been shown in studies to extend life.
- Pain management
- Side effects
- Quitting smoking
- Pulmonary rehabilitation to improve breathing
- Navigating the health care system
- Your emotional, social and spiritual health
- Staying healthy and active
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Caregiver skills
- Improving communication with family, partners and loved ones
For more information about the supportive care programs we offer, please contact the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-218-2273 (CARE).