Mesothelioma Support Services
Living with mesothelioma
Being diagnosed with mesothelioma can be frightening. Getting through it and figuring out how to live a long life takes layers of support.
When you come to City of Hope, you get access to a strong support network, including staff to help you and your family at every step in your journey. That includes everything from talk therapy to meditation to being connected with a patient navigator. Supportive care is not just about improving your mood and quality of life — it has been shown in studies to extend life.
We can help with concerns including:
- Managing side effects
- Pain management
- Pulmonary rehabilitation to improve breathing
- Navigating the health care system
- Your emotional, social and spiritual health
- Handling and coping with stress
- Staying healthy and active
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Healing arts
- Caregiver skills
- Restoring normalcy in your family, job or school routine