Living with small intestine cancer
When you come to City of Hope, you have access to a strong network of support services and staff to help you and your family along your cancer journey. That support includes everything from talk therapy to meditation to being paired up with a patient navigator. Learn more about the resources listed below at our Living with Cancer or Supportive Care Medicine sites.
- Managing pain, fatigue and nausea
- Adjusting to new diet and lifestyle habits
- Your emotional, social and spiritual well-being
- Staying healthy and active
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Healing arts
- Caregiver skills
- Dealing with family stress
- Controlling cancer risk with exercise
- Navigating the health care system
- Occupational and rehabilitation services
Once treatment is complete, City of Hope’s support services include education and training from nurses who provide specialty care for patients with wounds resulting from intestinal surgery.
Giving to City of Hope
It takes the help of a lot of caring people to make hope a reality for our patients. City of Hope was founded by individuals' philanthropic efforts more than 100 years ago. Their efforts — and those of our supporters today — have built the foundation for the care we provide and the research we conduct.