David Horak, M.D.
"I value your decisions, your partnership, your voice."
2007, Critical Care Medicine Board Recertification, American Board of Internal Medicine
1997, Critical Care Medicine Board Recertification, American Board of Internal Medicine
1987, Critical Care Medicine Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine
1984, Pulmonary Disease Subspecialty Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine
1983, Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
1982-present, American Red Cross Advanced CPR Certification
1981, Radiation Supervisor Certification, State of California
1981, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
1979, Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners
1979-present, California Medical License
1974-1978, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, M.D.
1970 -1974, Stanford University, CA, B.S. with Distinction, Biology
1981-1983, Fellow in Pulmonary Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
1979-1981, Internal Medicine Residency, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
1978-1979, Straight Medical Internship, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
Fellow, American College of Phys icians
Member, American Thoracic Society
Member, California Thoracic Society
Member, National Association for Medical Direction of Respiratory Care
Member, Los Angeles Count
- Groeger JS, Glassman J, Nierman DM, Wallace SK, Price K, Horak D, Landsberg D. Probability of mortality of critically ill cancer patients at 72 h of intensive care unit (ICU) management. Supportive Care Cancer 2003;11 :686-695.
- Bach PB, Schrag D, Nierman DM, Horak D, White P, Young JW, Groeger JS. Identification of poor prognostic features among patients requiring mechanical ventilation after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Blood 2001 ;98:3234-3240.
- Groeger JS, White P Jr, Nierman DM, Glassman J, Shi W, Horak D, Price K. Outcome of Cancer Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation. Journal of Clinical Oncology 1999;17:991-997.
- Groeger JS, Lemeshow S, Price K, Nierman DM, White P Jr, Klar J, Granovsky S, Horak D, Kish SK. Multicenter Outcome Study of Cancer Patients Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit: A Probability of Mortality Model. Journal of Clinical Oncology 1998;16:761-770.
- Horak DA, Schmidt GM, ZaiaJA, Niland JC, Ahn C, Forman SJ. Pretransplant pulmonary function predicts cytomegalovirus-associated interstitial pneumonia following bone marrow transplantation. Chest 1992;102:1484-1490.
- Levy H, Horak DA, Tegtmeier B, Yokota SB, Forman SJ. The value of bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Respiratory Medicine 1992;86:243-248
- Schmidt GM, Horak DA, Niland JC. Duncan SR, Forman SJ, Zaia JA and the City of Hope-Stanford-Syntex CMV Study Group. A randomized, controlled trial of prophylactic ganciclovir for cytomegalovirus pulmonary infection in allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipients. New England Journal of Medicine 1991;324:1005-1011.
- Desai KR, Horak DA, Levy H, Ferell BW, Pezner RD, Lipsett JA, Findley DO. Stability of the transnasal catheter in endobronchial brachytherapy as a function of time. Endocurietherapy / Hyperthermia Oncology 1990;6:65-69.
- Pezner RD, Horak DA, Sayagh H, LipsettJA. Spontaneous pneumothorax in patients irradiated for Hodgkin's disease and other malignant lymphomas. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics 1990;18:193-198.
- Schmidt GM, Kovacs A, Zaia JA, Horak DA, Blume KG, Nadamanee AP O'Donnell MR, Snyder DS and Forman SJ. Ganciclovir/lmmunoglobulin combination therapy for the treatment of human cytomegalovirus associated interstitial pneumonia in bone marrow allograft recipients. Transplantation 1988;46:905-907.
- Levy H, Horak DA, Lewis Ml. The value of bronchial washings and bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of lymphangitic carcinomatosis. Chest 1988;94:1028-1030.
- Lewis M, Horak D. Airflow obstruction in sarcoidosis (editorial). Chest 1987; 92:582-584.
- Lewis M, Horak D, Yellin A, Rotter A, Belman M, Benfield J. The case of the moving intrathoracic mass. Chest 1985; 88:897-898.
- Mohsenifar Z, Horak D, Brown HV, Koerner SK: Sensitive indices of improvement in a pulmonary rehabilitation program. Chest 1983; 83:189-192.