The ASHP-accredited PGY2 Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Residency at City of Hope is a structured one-year program designed to provide the resident with a solid foundation of core experiences in hematology, oncology, immunotherapy and stem cell transplant. The program provides broad-based rotational experiences to help develop and refine the resident's clinical skills in the pharmaceutical management of cancer patients. A resident completing the PGY2 Oncology Residency at City of Hope will be a highly qualified independent practitioner able to provide and be responsible for drug therapy outcomes for individualized patients with cancer as an integral member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Develop expertise, knowledge and skills in oncology therapeutics
- Be responsible for achieving optimal drug therapy outcomes as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team
- Skillfully educate other health care professionals and patients on drug-related topics
- Exercise leadership in improving the safety of the medication-use system
- Strengthen verbal and written communication skills by leading discussions, presenting lectures and writing a research manuscript
- Demonstrate professional maturity by following a personal philosophy of practice, monitoring his or her own performance, and exhibiting commitment to self-improvement and advancement of the profession as a whole