Our Postdoctoral Training Office is a complete one-stop center that connects postdoctoral fellows with many benefits and resources offered at City of Hope. Postdoctoral fellows have access to comprehensive career development services, advanced educational seminars, and much more.
We invite you to explore our institution and all we have to offer.
Finding A Position
- A complete list of our open positions can be found here.
- Learn all about our unparalleled research programs here.
- Find a scientist or faculty member from our comprehensive list, available here.
- Postdoctoral fellows enroll in a comprehensive Responsible Conduct in Research course. The purpose of the course is to promote the awareness among postdoctoral fellows of the ethical challenges confronted by laboratory researchers, and explore approaches for successfully navigating them.
- We offer an Introduction to Experimental Statistics for Biologists, a six-lecture course covering basic statistical concepts and methods for clear data summary and presentation.
- Other offerings include the Career Discovery Seminar Series, a monthly professional development workshop and access to the Keck Graduate Center's Certificate in Bioscience Management.
Advance Your Career
We offer numerous ways to accelerate your marketable skills and take your career to the next level.
- Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP) annually. An IDP is an annual self-assessment career benchmarking program that assists you in defining your goals and needs, planning your research, tracking your performance and measuring progress towards your next steps.
- The Postdoctoral Training Office offers one-on-one counseling to help with your IDP, explore career options, develop job search strategies, create a self-marketing campaign and improve your networking skills. Networking is further enhanced with free membership in the National Postdoctoral Association.
We have a thriving community of international postdocs at City of Hope.
- Our City of Hope Immigration Services Facebook page connects you to the people, resources, workshops and social events that will help you work effectively and feel at home here. We have a dedicated professional available to guide you through visa and immigration issues.
Contact Sherri Pattanakiat at [email protected] or 626-256-4673, ext.87575.
Compensation and Benefits
- City of Hope postdocs earn salaries consistently higher than the National Institute of Health (NIH) standard.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package through Garnett-Powers & Associates which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
We also maintain an Employee Assistance Program and offer a 403(b) plan administered by TIAA-CREF.
Keep up with everything happening here as a member of City of Hope's Postdoctoral Association. At the PDA, we help make your experience fulfilling and enjoyable by familiarizing you with the culture at City of Hope, the ins and outs of postdoctoral life, and all the opportunities that Southern California has to offer.
The PDA Facebook page is filled with helpful information about social events, classes, seminars and career advancement opportunities.
Grants and Fellowships
City of Hope actively helps our postdocs obtain research funding and fellowship grants. Our Office of Faculty and Institutional Support will connect you with the funding sources best suited to your needs, and assist you in the preparation of your project plan. Our Office of Sponsored Research will submit your applications and ensure they meet all mandated guidelines.
Learn more about available funding sources.