Grants and Funding Programs
City of Hope actively helps our postdocs obtain research funding and fellowship grants. Our Office of Faculty and Institutional Support will connect you with the funding sources best suited to your needs, and assist you in the preparation of your project plan. Our Office of Sponsored Research will submit your applications and ensure they meet all mandated guidelines.
Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in federal grants. Grants.gov is the single access point for more than 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant-making agencies.
The grants database service GrantForward replaces IRIS (Illinois Researcher Information Service). The site maintains extensive information on funding for the sciences, social sciences and humanities. Though COS and GrantForward do contain like information, they each also contain funding opportunities not listed in the other. Register or update your profile to receive funding alerts of all new opportunities in your discipline.
NIH Extramural Loan Repayment Programs available to Ph.D. as well as M.D. trained postdocs
National Science Foundation
U.S. Department of Defense
Other Funding Mechanisms
- The Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund
- American Cancer Society
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Damon Runyon Fellowship Award
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America Foundation (PhRMA)
- American Society of Hematology
- Life Sciences Research Foundation
- Human Frontier Science Program
- Society for Neuroscience
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program
Resources for applying
City of Hope Office of Sponsored Research - useful information on grant submission and routing of applications through the Emory system