- ABC7 News Clip
- California Edition, Irwindale Ep. 29
- Press Release about City of Hope receiving grant
- Pasadena Star News
- (Los Angeles Daily News) Students diagnose ‘patients’ during City of Hope science summer camp
Over two dozen middle school students from cities across the San Gabriel Valley are spending part of their summer vacation examining blood and cheek cells and testing faux urine samples -- and they’re enjoying it. The select class of “junior medical investigators” are part of a new summer science camp program at the City of Hope, a world-renowned medical research and cancer treatment facility.
- Pasadena Star-News
- San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Whittier Daily News
- San Bernardino County Sun
- Daily Bulletin
- Redlands Daily Facts
- (World Journal) Students play role as medical investigators at new science camp
TRANSLATION: City of Hope Hospital organized a new, free science camp for secondary school students in the San Gabriel Valley area. Each day the students participated in chemical experiments, medical examinations and other health-related skills.
- (ABC 7 – Los Angeles) Eyewitness News at 5PM (w/VIDEO)
Young medical investigators try out their skills at a unique science camp at City of Hope in Duarte, and each day, they get a new challenge, trying to diagnose the symptoms of a mock patient.
- (CBS/KCAL – Los Angeles) CBS News at 5PM: Health Watch (w/VIDEO)
San Gabriel Valley middle schoolers are getting a taste of what it's like to be a doctor. City of Hope in Duarte is hosting a new science camp this week where campers get the chance to diagnose a medical mystery.