Christiane Querfeld, M.D., Ph.D.
- Chief, Division of Dermatology
- Director, Cutaneous Lymphoma Program, Toni Stephenson Lymphoma Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Pathology, Dermatologist / Dermatopathologist
Christiane Querfeld, M.D., Ph.D.
- Tumor microenvironment in cutaneous lymphoma
- Cutaneous Lymphoma
- 2017 to present - Chief, Division of Dermatology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014 to 2017 - Director, Cutaneous Lymphoma Program, Toni Stephenson Lymphoma Center, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014 to present - Assistant Clinical Professor, Dermatology/Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology and Division of Dermatology / Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011 to 2014 - Assistant Attending Physician, Dermatology, Memorial Hospital for Cancer & Allied Disease, New York, NY
- 2011 to 2014 - Assistant Member, Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1994 - University of Heidelberg, Germany, Ph.D.
- 1994 - University of Cologne, Germany - M.D.
Beca de investigación
- 2010 to 2011 - Fellowship, Dermatopathology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- 2007 to 2010 - Residency, Dermatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 2006 to 2007 - Internship, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Querfeld's research focuses on investigations of the biology of cutaneous lymphomas and novel therapies for these diseases and she serves as co-principal investigator on several clinical Phase I and II trials of cutaneous T cell lymphomas (CTCL). Her laboratory-based projects are aimed to identify the contributing elements of the tumor microenvironment in CTCL and help elucidate the underlying mechanisms that lead to disease progression through maintenance and proliferation of malignant cells in the skin.
Marchetti MA, Pulitzer MP, Myskowski PL, Lunning MA, Dusza SW, Horwitz SM, Moskowitz AJ, Querfeld C. Cutaneous manifestations of human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type-1-associated adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma: a single-center, retrospective study. J Am Acad Dermatol (accepted for publication), 2014;
Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Guitart J, Duvic M, Kim YH, Dusza SW, Kuzel TM. Results of an open-label multicenter phase II trial of lenalidomide monotherapy in refractory mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome. Blood 123(8): 1159-1166, 2014;
Jawed SI, Myskowski PL, Horwitz S, Moskowitz A, Querfeld C. Primary Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome) Part II. Prognosis, management, and future directions. J Am Acad Dermatol 70(2): 223.e1-17; quiz 240-2, 2014;
Jawed SI, Myskowski PL, Horwitz S, Moskowitz A, Querfeld C. Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome) Part I. Diagnosis: Clinical and histopathologic features, and new molecular and biologic markers. J Am Acad Dermatol 70(2): 205.e1-16; quiz 221-2, 2014;
Pulitzer M, Myskowski MP, Horwitz S, Querfeld C, Li J, Murali R. Mycosis fungoides with large cell transformation: clinicopathological features and prognostic factors. Pathology 46(7): 610-616, 2014;
Li JY, Guitart J, Pulitzer M, Subtil A, Sundram U, Kim YH, Deonizio J, Myskowski PL, Moskowitz A, Horwitz S, Querfeld C. Multicenter case series of indolent small/medium-sized CD8+ lymphoid proliferations with predilection for the ear and face. Am J Dermatopathol 36(5): 402-408, 2014;
Li JY, Pulitzer M, Myskowski PL, Dusza SW, Horwitz S, Moskowitz A, Querfeld C. A case-control study of clinicopathologic features, prognosis, and therapeutic responses in patients with granulomatous mycosis fungoides. J Am Acad Dermatol 69(3): 366-374.e4, 2013;
Knobler R, Duvic M, Querfeld C, Straus D, Horwitz S, Zain J, Foss F, Kuzel TM, Campbell K, Geskin L. Long-term follow-up and survival of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma patients treated with extracorporeal photopheresis. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 28(5): 250-257, 2012;
Thomas TO, Agrawal P, Guitart J, Rosen ST, Rademaker AW, Querfeld C, Hayes JP, Kuzel TM, Mittal BB. Outcome of patients with a single-fraction dose of palliative radiation for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 85(3):747-53, 2013;
Li JY, Horwitz S, Moskowitz A, Myskowski PL, Pulitzer M, Querfeld C. Management of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: new and emerging targets and treatment options. Cancer Manag Res 4: 75-89, 2012;
Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Guitart J, Rademaker A, Pezen DS, Dolan E, Baron J, Yarosh DB, Foss F, Kuzel TM. Multicenter phase II trial of temozolomide in mycosis fungoides/Sézary syndrome: correlation with O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and mismatch repair proteins. Clin Cancer Res 17(17): 5748-5754, 2011;
Querfeld C, Kuzel TM, Kim YH, Porcu P, Duvic M, Musiek A, Rook AH, Mark LA, Pinter-Brown L, Hamid O, Lin B, Bian Y, Boye M, Day JM, Rosen ST. Multicenter phase II trial of enzastaurin in patients with relapsed or refractory advanced cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymph 52(8): 1474-1480, 2011;
Olsen EA, Rook AH, Zic J, Kim Y, Porcu P, Querfeld C, Wood G, Demierre MF, Pittelkow M, Wilson L, Pinter-Brown L, Advani R, Parker S, Kim E, Junkins-Hopkins J, Foss F, Cacchio P, Duvic M. Sézary Syndrome: evaluation, immuno-pathogenesis, literature review of therapeutic options and recommendations for therapy by the United States Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium (USCLC). J Am Acad Dermatol 64(2): 352-404, 2011;
Gerami P, Wickless SC, Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Kuzel TM, Guitart J. Cutaneous involvement with marginal zone lymphoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 63(1): 142-145, 2010;
Querfeld C, Khan I, Mahon B, Nelson BP, Rosen ST, Evens AM. Primary cutaneous and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma: clinicopathologic aspects and therapeutic options. Oncology (Williston Park) 24(7): 574-587, 2010;
Querfeld C, Mehta N, Rosen ST, Guitart J, Rademaker A, Gerami P, Kuzel TM. Alemtuzumab for relapsed and refractory erythrodermic cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: a single center experience from the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center. Leuk Lymph 50(12): 1969-1976, 2009;
Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Guitart J, Rademaker A, Foss F, Gupka R, Kuzel TM. Phase II trial of subcutaneous injections of human recombinant interleukin-2 for the treatment of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome. J Am Acad Dermatol 56(4): 580-3, 2007;
Querfeld C, Kuzel TM, Guitart J, Rizvi M, Sabharwal SS, Krett N, Rosen ST. The selective protein kinase C ? inhibitor enzastaurin induces apoptosis in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma cell lines through the AKT pathway. J Invest Dermatol 126(7): 1641-7, 2006;
Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Kuzel TM, Kirby KA, Roenigk HH Jr, Prinz BM, Guitart J. Long-term follow-up of patients with early stage cutaneous T-cell lymphoma who achieved complete remission on psoralen plus UV-A monotherapy. Arch Dermatol 141(3): 305-11, 2005;
Querfeld C, Rosen ST, Guitart J, Rademaker A, Fung SB, Posten W, and Kuzel TM. Comparison of selective RAR and RXR retinoid mediated efficacy, tolerance, and survival in refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 51(1): 25-32, 2004;
This is a list of 20 representative publications (selected from 80 publications).
- Board of Directors, U.S. Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium
- Member, U.S. Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium
- Member, International Society of Cutaneous Lymphoma
- Member, Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Member, American Society of Hematology
- Member, American Academy of Dermatology