James L Lin, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medical Specialties
- Section Head, Interventional Endoscopy
James L Lin, M.D.
Áreas de especialidad
Enfoque de la investigación
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
Ayuda disponible en varios idiomas
“The thing I love most about my job is.... at the end of the day I feel like I can say I really made a difference.”
An enthusiastic, energetic professional, James Lin, M.D., joined City of Hope in 2009 as Assistant Clinical Professor and Staff Physician in our Gastroenterology Division. He is highly experienced in the field of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and other advanced endoscopy services.
Dr. Lin studied at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He interned at UC-Irvine and served a gastroenterology fellowship at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
Dr. Lin finds gastroenterology at COH especially gratifying because it encompasses, in his words, “every step of the patient's care:” diagnosis, staging, therapy and palliative treatment. A vocal advocate of screening tests, he is open to the use of the new DNA stool test for colon cancer, if some patients refuse colonoscopy. "Ultimately the best colon cancer screening test is the one the patient is using," he says.
- 2009 - present, Staff Physician, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medical Specialists, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1997, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, B.S., Anthropology/Human Biology
- 1998, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, M.H.S., Population Dynamics/Reproductive Biology
- 2005 -2008, Fellow, Gastroenterology, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
Beca de investigación
- 2005 -2008, Fellow, Gastroenterology, Jo
- 2002 -2005, Resident, Internal Medicine,
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterology Association
- 2008 - present, Florida medical license
- 2008, Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
- 2004 - present, California medical license
- 2005, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2004 - 2008, Illinois medical license
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.