Mark Kawachi, M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery
- Urologic Oncology Surgeon
Mark Kawachi, M.D.
- Urology and Urologic Oncology
Enfoque de la investigación
- Urologic Oncology
Ayuda disponible en varios idiomas
With over 30 years' experience in urology and urologic oncology, Mark Kawachi brings a vast wealth of expertise to each case he handles and each patient he treats.
Dr. Kawachi trained at University of California, Los Angeles, and University of Southern California, joining City of Hope in 1992.
He has spearheaded the development of two of City of Hope's most prominent programs in the treatment of prostate cancer: robotic radical prostatectomy (he is an acknowledged expert in the use of the daVinci robot) and computer-assisted prostate brachytherapy, where radioactive “seeds” are implanted directly into the tumor. Dr. Kawachi is focused on finding new and better ways to minimize the side effects of prostate cancer treatment.
- 1992 - present, Surgeon and Associate Clinical Professor in the Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1984 - 1990, Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 1984 - 1990, Urology and Urologic Oncology, Hospital of the Good Samaritan, Los Angeles, CA
- 1979, University of California, Los Angeles, CA. M.D., Medicine
- 1975, University of California, Los Angeles, CA. B.S., Biology
Beca de investigación
- 1992, USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA., Norris Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Fellowship, Urologic Oncology
- 1984, USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA., Residency, Urology
- 1980, USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA., Internship, General Surgery
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Society of Surgical Oncology, Fellow
- American Board of Urology, Diplomate
- "America's Top Doctor for Cancer" from Castle Connolly / Newsweek