Mark C. Tan, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Plastic Surgery
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Reconstruction
As a surgeon specializing in breast reconstruction, Mark Tan, M.D., is passionate about matching the right reconstructive procedure to each patient, for the best possible results. “There are no bad choices in terms of reconstruction if patients are selected carefully,” he says.
A graduate of Northwestern University Medical School, Dr. Tan joined City of Hope in 2006.
“Our goal,” he says, “is to try to get patients to the point in their life where they are no longer constantly reminded of their breast cancer diagnosis, their body image has been restored and they can get on with their lives.”
- 2006 to present - Staff Surgeon, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2006 - Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- 2002 to present - Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Associates, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- 2001 to 2002 - Clinical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- 1994, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Ill. Doctor of Medicine
- 1990, Northwestern University,Evanston, Illinois. B.A., Neurobiology.
- 2004, Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 2002 - , State of Illinois, Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- 2001 - , State of Texas, Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- 1999 - 2001, State of Ohio, Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- 1996 - 1999, State of New York, Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- 1990 - Sarah Baskin Award for Excellence in Research, The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago