Mihaela C. Cristea, M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
- Medical Oncologist
Mihaela C. Cristea, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
Áreas de especialidad
- Lung Cancer
- Gynecological Oncology/Peritoneal Malignancy
Enfoque de la investigación
- Gynecologic and Lung Oncology
Ayuda disponible en varios idiomas
“In a short time you've shown us the true value of caring.” - Patient's family
Mihaela Cristea, M.D., is a medical oncologist with expertise in treating lung and gynecological cancers. Her research and clinical work focuses on finding better drugs to treat these cancers and improving palliative care to boost patients’ quality of life throughout treatment.
Dr. Cristea was the lead investigator in a study that showed how specific proteins indicating the presence of lung cancer could be detected in blood and urine, potentially reducing the need for a biopsy.She is also on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network’s occult primary tumor panel, which creates guidelines on testing and treating tumors of unknown origins.
Dr. Cristea received her medical degree from the Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iasi, Romania, and has completed her residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, NJ, and medical oncology fellowship at University of Florida-Health Science Center in Jacksonville, FL.
- 2005 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2001 - 2004, Kinston Medical Specialists, Kinston, North Carolina
- 1998 - 2000, Medical Oncology Fellowship, University of Florida-Health Science Center, Jacksonville, FL
- 1995 - 1998, Internal Medicine Residency, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- 1994 - 1995, Family Practice Residency, Saint Spiridon University Hospital, Iasi, Romania
- 1992 - 1993, Internship, Saint Spiridon University Hospital, Iasi, Romania
- Cervical Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Gynecological Cancers
- Gynecologic Oncology/Peritoneal Malignancy Program
- 1986 -1992, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania. M.D., Medicine
Beca de investigación
- University of Florida - Health Science Center
- Mommouth Medical Center
- 2000, Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1998, American Board of Internal Medicine: - top 10%
- 1994, ECFMG Certification
- 1996, USMLE Step III
- 1994, USMLE Step I
- 1993, USMLE Step II
- 2002, Medical Society of North Carolina
- 2001, American Society of Clinical Oncology