Samuel W. Chung, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
Samuel W. Chung, M.D., a medical oncologist, earned his undergraduate degree in biology from the University of California at Riverside and his medical degree from the Loma Linda University School of Medicine. In 2003, he began his residency in internal medicine at the Roger Williams Medical Center at Boston University where he was chosen as chief resident in 2006. He went on to complete a fellowship in hematology/oncology with the UCLA-Olive View Program in Sylmar, California.
Dr. Chung came to City of Hope in 2012. Prior to joining the City of Hope team, he worked with the Wilshire Oncology Medical Group in Pasadena. He is board certified in hematology, medical oncology and internal medicine, and is a member of numerous professional societies.
- 2012 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope-South Pasadena, South Pasadena, CA
- 2012 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope-South Pasadena, South Pasadena, CA
- 2012 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, Methodist Hospital, Arcadia, CA
- 2011 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology/Oncology, Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, CA
- 2011 - 2015, Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, Verdugo Hills Hospital, Glendale, CA
- 2010 - 2012, Staff Physician, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, Inc., Pasadena, CA
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology
- 1999 -2003 Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, M.D.
- 1995 -1999 University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA, Biology, B.S.
Beca de investigación
- 2007 -2010 UCLA-Olive View Program/Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Sylmar, CA, Hematology/Oncology, Fellow
- 2006 -2007 Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University, Providence, RI, Chief Medical Resident
- 2003 -2006 Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University, Providence, RI, Medical Resident
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- Medical Board of California
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Southwest Oncology Group