Joseph Chao, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
- Medical Oncologist
Joseph Chao, M.D.
- Molecular Targeted Therapies
- Medical Oncology
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Tumors
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors
A Board-certified medical oncologist and hematologist, Joseph Chao, M.D. Joined City of Hope in 2007 as a Fellow and advanced rapidly to Staff Physician and Assistant Clinical Professor.
Dr. Chao earned his medical degree at the University of Illinois at Chicago, then continued his training at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
Named one of the “Top Doctors” for oncology by Pasadena magazine in 2011, Dr. Chao is among the first medical professionals to be certified by City of Hope's STAR (Survivorship, Training, and Rehabilitation) program which ensures our patients receive the most up-to-date, evidence based rehabilitation services available.
- 2010 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2010 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1994-1998 University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 1994 -1998, B.S. Biochemistry, (Magna Cum Laude), University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Beca de investigación
- 2007 -2010, Fellow, Departments of Medical Oncology/Hematology, Harbor-UCLA/City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA
- 2004 -2007, Resident Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012 - present, Southwestern Oncology Group
- 2010 - present, National Cancer Institute - Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program
- 2008 - present, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 2008 - present, American Society of Hematology