Lily Lai, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Associate Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery
- Associate Cancer Center Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chair, Clinical Cancer Committee, Commission on Cancer Clinical Cancer Program
- Director, Surgical Oncology Training Program
- Surgical Oncologist
Lily Lai, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Surgical Oncology
Áreas de especialidad
- Colon cancers
- Rectal cancers
- Anal cancers
- Breast cancers
Enfoque de la investigación
- Biomarkers in colon, breast and anal cancer
- Cancer care delivery in underserved communities
- Novel imaging devices and innovative surgical technology
Ayuda disponible en varios idiomas
“The patients give you so much... in them, I can see that life is really precious.”
As a surgical oncologist, Lily Lai, M.D., F.A.C.S., earns high praise from both patients and peers.
The Harvard-educated Lai switched from Chinese art history to medicine in order to have a more direct, “hands-on” impact on people's lives.
Dr. Lai joined City of Hope in 1998, after medical training at University of California, San Diego.
Specializing in colorectal cancer, Dr. Lai makes a point of learning as much as possible about each patient's lifestyle and needs to ensure the best possible outcome.
“It’s a different discussion with every individual patient. I come up with a different answer depending on my interaction with them. And I think getting better at cancer care is being able to tell where a patient is in their life, what they value, what they need to do.”
- 2014 – present, Associate Cancer Center Director, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA
- 2001 – present, Associate Clinical Professor and Surgical Oncologist, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2001 – 2006, NIH K-12 Fellow, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Community Practices
- 1989 -1993, University of California at San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine, M.D.
- 1983 -1987, Harvard University, A.B. cum laude in East Asian Languages and Civilizations with specialization in Chinese art history
Beca de investigación
- 1998 -2001, Surgical Oncology Fellowship, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1997 -1998, Chief Resident, General Surgery, UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- 1994 -1997, Resident, General Surgery, UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- 1993 -1994, Intern, Categorical Surgery, UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- 1998, Fluoroscopy: California
- 1994, Medical: California
- 1999, Dilpomate: American Board of Surgery
- 1998, Qualifying Examination: American Board of Surgery
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.