Ling Li, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research
Ling Li, Ph.D.
- leukemia stem cells
- acute myeloid leukemia
- chronic myeloid luekemia
- 2015 to present - Assistant professor, Division of Stem Cell and Leukemia Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2013 to 2014 - Staff scientist, Division of Stem Cell and Leukemia Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research
- 2008 - Cancer Institute of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, Ph.D. in Medical Oncology
- 2003 - Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, B.S. in Biotechnology
Beca de investigación
- 2008 to 2013 - Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
Peer-Reviewd Publications (Selected List)
- L Li, R Bhatia. Role of SIRT1 in the Growth and Regulation of Normal Hematopoietic and Leukemia Stem Cells. (2015). Current Opinion in Hematology. 22(4):324-329. [PMCID:PMC4482757]
- Wang L, Li L, et al. MicroRNA-486 regulates normal erythropoiesis and enhances growth and modulates drug response in CML progenitors. Blood.2015;125(8):1302-13. PMID: 25515961
- L Li, Osdal T, Ho Y , et al. SIRT1 activation by a c-MYC Oncogenic Network Promotes the Maintenance and Drug Resistance of Human FLT3-ITD Acute Myeloid Leukemia Stem Cells. (2014). Cell Stem Cell. 15(4), 431-446. [PMCID: PMC430539]
- Cook AM, Li L, Ho Y, Lin A, Li L, et al. Role of altered growth factor receptor-mediated JAK2 signaling in growth and maintenance of human acute myeloid leukemia stem cells. Blood. 2014;123:2826-37.
- Tian W, Deng Y, L Li, et al. Honokiol synergizes chemotherapy drugs in multidrug resistant breast cancer cells via enhanced apoptosis and additional programmed necrotic death. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:721-32.
- L Li, L Wang, L Li, et al. Activation of p53 by SIRT1 inhibition enhances elimination of CML leukemia stem cells in combination with imatinib. Cancer Cell. 2012; 21(2), 266–281.(Featured Article)
- H Yuan*, Z Wang*, L Li*, et al. Activation of stress response gene SIRT1 by BCR-ABL promotes leukemogenesis. Blood. 2012; 119(8), 1904-1914 (*equal contribution, co-first author)
- Han W, Xie J, Li L, Liu Z, Hu X. Necrostatin-1 reverts shikonin-induced necroptosis to apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2009; 14(5), 674-686.
- W Chen, Z Zhao, L Li, et al. Hispolon induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer cells through a ROS-mediated mitochondrial pathway. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 2008; 45(1), 60–72.
- L Li, Q Pan, W Han, Z Liu, L Li, X Hu. Schisandrin B Prevents Doxorubicin-induced Cardiotoxicity via Enhancing Glutathione Redox Cycling. Clin Cancer Res. 2007; 13(22 Pt 1), 6753-6760.
- W Han, L Li, S Qiu, Q Lu, Q Pan, Y Gu, J Luo, X Hu .Shikonin circumvents cancer drug resistance by induction of a necroptotic death. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007; 6(5), 1641-1649.
- L Li, W Han, Y Gu, S Qiu, Q Lu, J Jin, J Luo, X Hu. Honokiol Induces a Necrotic Cell Death through the Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Pore. Cancer Research. 2007; 67(10), 4894-4903.
- Li L, Lu Q, Shen Y, Hu X. Schisandrin B enhances doxorubicin-induced apoptosis of cancer cells but not normal cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006; 71(5), 584-595.
- L Li, R Bhatia.The controversial role of Sirtuins in tumorigenesis - SIRT7 joins the debate. Cell Research. 2013; 23(1), 10–12.
- L Li, R Bhatia. Stem Cell Quiescence. Clinical Cancer Research. 2011; 17(15), 4936-4941.
- X Hu, W Han, L Li. Targeting the Weak Point of Cancer by Induction of Necroptosis. Autophagy. 2007; 3(5), 490-492.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Oral Presentation in 2009 ASH (American Society of Hematology) annual meeting. Title: Role of the SIRT1 Deacetylase in Survival and Imatinib Resistance of CML CD34+ Progenitors. Blood. vol. 114, pp. A189, 2009.
- Oral Presentation in 2010 ESH international conference Chronic Myeloid Leukemia-Biological Basis of Therapy. Title: SIRT1 inhibition induces apoptosis in human CML progenitors.
- Oral Presentation in 2010 ASH annual meeting. Title: SIRT1 inhibition induces apoptosis in human CML progenitors by enhancing p53 acetylation and activation. Blood. vol. 116, pp. A200, 2010.
- Oral Presentation in 2011 ASH annual meeting. Title: Pharmacological inhibition of the stress-related deacetylase SIRT1 with the small molecule inhibitor Tenovin-6 enhances eradication of CML LSC in combination with TKI treatment. Blood. vol.118, pp. A448, 2011.
- Poster Presentation in 2012 ASH annual meeting. Title: FLT3-ITD+ AML Stem/Progenitor Cells Demonstrate Increased SIRT1 Expression and Enhanced Sensitivity to SIRT1 Inhibition. Blood. vol.120, pp. A1368, 2012
- Poster Presentation in 2013 ASH annual meeting. Title: Pharmacological Inhibition Of The SIRT1 Deacetylase With The Small Molecule Inhibitor Tenovin-6 Enhances Ablation Of FLT3-ITD+ LSC In Combination With TKI Treatment. Blood. vol.122, pp. A2685, 2013
- Poster Presentation in 2010 ASH annual meeting. L Wang, L Li, et al.Title: MicroRNA-486-5p Targets Foxo1 and Regulates Human Hematopoietic Stem Cell Proliferation and Erythroid Differentiation. Blood. vol. 116, pp. A3871, 2010.
- Poster Presentation in 2011 ASH annual meeting. L Wang, L Li, et al.Title: Role of MicroRNA-486-5p Overexpression In CML CD34+ Cells In Modulating BCR-ABL Mediated Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cell Transformation and Imatinib Sensitivity. Blood. vol. 118, pp. A1667, 2011.
- Poster Presentation in 2014 ASH annual meeting. Duchartre Y, L Li, et al. Increased p53 Acetylation By SIRT1 Inhibition Is Required for Optimal Activation of p53 Activity and Significantly Enhances the Ability of HDM2 Inhibitors to Target CML LSC. Blood. 2014; vol.124.pp. A4521.
Complete list of work on published work at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/ling.li.2/bibliography/47747701/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending
- 2014 to 2019 - National Cancer Institute's K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award
- 2013 - ASH Abstract Achievement Award
- 2011 - ASH Abstract Achievement Award
- 2007 to 2008 - National Competition for National Best Doctoral Thesis, Zhejiang University