Thanh H. Dellinger, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology Surgeon
Thanh H. Dellinger, M.D.
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer/Endometrial cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Robotic surgery
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy ("hot" chemotherapy)
- Fertility sparing cancer treatments
- Uterine/Endometrial cancer
- Novel therapies in Ovarian cancer
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal cancer
- Peer counseling and Quality of Life in Cancer Patients
- Chinese (Chaozhou dialect)
Thanh Dellinger, M.D., is a gynecological oncologist with specialized training in robotic-assisted (minimally-invasive) surgery for uterine and cervical cancer, which can be as effective as traditional surgery but with reduced scarring, pain and recovery time.
Dr. Dellinger is also an expert in advanced cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer, which can significantly improve survival outcomes for patients. Additionally, Dr Dellinger is leading a clinical trial in hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (NCI-2013-01948), a novel therapy using heated chemotherapy at time of surgery for ovarian cancer.
Dr. Dellinger’s research focus is in ovarian and uterine cancer, and she has co-authored several papers on molecular pathways in ovarian and uterine cancer. Her current research focuses on innovative and novel therapies for ovarian cancer using gene therapy, stem cell and nanoparticle therapies.
Dr. Dellinger received her medical degree at the University of California in Irvine, followed by a residency at Penn State University, and a gynecologic oncology fellowship at the University of California Irvine Medical Center.
- 2012 - present, Assistant Professor, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2008 - 2012, Clinical Instructor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UC Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, CA
- 2004, M.D., University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA
- 1999, B.S., Biochemistry/Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Beca de investigación
- 2010 -2012, Clinical Fellowship in Gynecological Oncology, UCI Medical Center, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA
- 2008 -2010, Research Fellowship in Gynecological Oncology, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA
- 2004 -2008, Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Penn State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- 2014 Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Wen W, Wu J, Liu L, Tian Y, Buettner R, Hsieh M, Horne D, Dellinger TH, Han ES, Jove R, Yim JH. Synergistic anti-tumor effect of combined inhibition of EGFR and JAK/STAT3 pathways in human ovarian cancer. Molecular Cancer, 14:100 (01 May 2015)
- Wen W, Liang W, Wu J, Kowolik C, Buettner R, Scuto A, Hsieh M, Hong H, Brown C, Forman S, Horne D, Morgan R, Wakabayashi M, Dellinger TH, Han E, Yim J, Jove R. (2014). Targeting JAK1/STAT3 signaling suppresses tumor progression and metastasis in a peritoneal model of human ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014 Oct 15
- Yang C, Lee H, Jove V, Deng J, Zhang W, Liu X, Forman S, Dellinger TH, Wakabayashi M, Yu H, Pal S. Prognostic significance of B-cells and pSTAT3 in patients with ovarian cancer. PLOS One, 2013;8(1):e54029.Epub 2013 Jan.10
- Dellinger TH, Planutis K, Jandial D, Eskander RN, Zi X, Monk BJ, Martinez M, Holcombe RF. Expression of the Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-3 is associated with prognostic clinicopathologic characteristics and impairs proliferation and invasion in endometrial cancer. Gynecologic Oncology, 2012 Aug; 126(2):259-67.
- Dellinger TH, Planutis K, Tewari KS, Holcombe RF. The Role of Canonical Wnt signaling in Endometrial Carcinogenesis. Expert Reviews of Anticancer Therapy, January 2012, 12(1):51-62.
- Dellinger TH, Monk BJ. Systemic Therapy for Recurrent Endometrial Cancer: a review of North American trials. Expert Reviews of Anticancer Therapy 2009 Jul; 9(7):905-16.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists (SGO)
- American Association of Cancer Research (AACR)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)