Brian Tiep, M.D.
- Director of Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Lung Cancer and Thoracic Program
- Staff Physician, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medical Specialties
Brian Tiep, M.D.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Áreas de especialidad
- Respiratory Diseases
One of the foremost experts on lung disease, Brian Tiep, M.D., brings nearly a half-century of experience to City of Hope, where he serves as our Director of Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Smoking Cessation. He is a non-stop evangelist on quitting smoking, even taking to Twitter to spread the word. He is also highly skeptical of e-cigarettes and the manufacturers' claims that the product is safe.
Dr. Tiep received his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. In addition to his work at City of Hope, Dr. Tiep is program designer and medical director of the Respiratory Disease Management Institute in Pomona and Monrovia, CA.
He is also an inventor who wrote the first textbook on oxygen therapy, received several patents for devices to detect lung disorders, and designed several oxygen delivery devices.
- 2006 - present, Staff Physician, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medical Specialties
- Director of Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2002 - present, Program Designer and Medical Director, Respiratory Disease Management Institute, Pomona and Irwindale, CA
- 1986 - present, Independent Biomedical Equipment and Methods Designer, Tiep and Associates, Monrovia, CA
- 1986 - 1996, Medical Director, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Casa Colina Hospital for Rehabilitative Medicine, Pomona, CA
- 1972 - 1986, Staff Physician, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1971, Medicine Residency, Veterans Administration Hospital, Sepulveda, CA
- 1969 - 1971, Assistant Professor, Technical Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Program Director and Founder, Prescott College, Prescott, AZ
- 1966 - 1967, Mixed Internship (Medicine/Pediatrics), Meharry and St. Thomas Hospital, Nashville TN
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic
- Thyroid Cancer
- 1962 - 1966, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN, M.D.
- 1960 - 1962, University of California at Berkeley, Master's Degree
- 1959 - 1960, University of Oregon, Eugene, Bachelor's Degree